Speed/design Weight

Guest Pete Tomo

Spot on Mick.

It might be nice to invite Richard to contribute from time to time to the bulletin board, since this is how we (that is, the majority of his customers) communicate.

The abbreviation "FAQ" springs to mind here. That means "Frequently Asked Questions" if anyone doesn't know. Couldn't we ask him to tell us what the most commonly asked questions are so that we can save him the effort of answering the same old stuff over and over?

If he doesn't qualify for automatic club membership I'll eat my hat. There are many public forums for enthusiasts of one product or another, that have areas for the manufacturer which provide a very useful communication & support channel.

For example, if I have a problem, it'd be much more useful in some cases to post a picture of it than to try to describe it to Richard over the help line. Since I'm building a DOHC 2B (which is different in many respects to the Pinto based kit), I'm likely to need more of his time when the going gets rough.

An idea, anyway, but you'd have to get Richard to commit to it if it were to be of any practical value.

Cheers

JonB

Guest morty

It sounds like a good idea Jon. A picture does after all paint a 1000 words, and who can explain it better than the head man behind the design. :)

Mick, I appreciate your comments, and thank you for acknowledging our views.

Sound

Morty

Guest daveg

All

I doubt tRichard (trouble typing :p ) needs to tell us the most FAQ's as we see them here. I have seen the same question asked over and over again :rolleyes:

If Richard has time, which I doubt (I was a MD) running a company and working as an engineer that 2 full time jobs (ok one full time and one part time :) ), he could ask for feed back via this board as I am sure he would get loads of information that way.

Free market research! in return he could answer a few questions and continue to support the club/donate prizes...

Dave

Guest daveg

Morty

:p

It was an honest mistake.  T is right next to R
:p

Seriously though, I like the RHSC/Richard way of doing business. I liked the simple brochure without the crap sales stuff you get from some companies and the hospital like factories...

I never saw a RH before I brought but when I arrived at the factory :D I was sure I had done the right thing and I enjoy every minute (well almost) of the build. If Mr T is reading this then thanks for the experience.

Dave

Guest mickmellors

Sorry Chaps but it is extremely unlikely that a 'technical hotline' type connection between Factory and these Boards will ever come off for the simple reason that it has the potential (in the public domain) to be bombarded with all manner of rubbish from people who just want to spoil things for others.

We soon spot the silly billies on this site and banish them to the 'pond of eternal stench' - brilliant film.

The way things are set up now is (in my opinion) probably as good as it can get.

We have an ever increasing solid core of builders willing and able to contribute solutions to the problems encountered by the many around us. Occasionally help from the Factory is needed and those who need it have a contact system in place.

If you do find the need to call the help line, the simple rule is (as Richard states on the videos) keep your query concise and to the point and you will get a helpful response response in the same way. Keep a smile in your voice and you will get all the help in the World. With the greatest respect to each and every one of Richards customers, he really isnt interested in where you took your latest holiday ( unless it was a tour of Europe in your Robin Hood of course eh John W ) . He simply wants to know what your problem is so that he can best assist you in its resolution. Then he puts the phone down and gets back to the muck and bullets of his trade - making kits for the likes of us ! ! !

I would like to point out that the relationship between Club and Factory is growing closer and stronger as days pass by but it must remain at a respectful and mutually comfortable distance in order that we can all be correctly placed relative to each other as two separate entities with a shared interest. I like the idea of helping because I want to help, rather than helping because I am being paid to help - I hope that makes sense.

I enjoy having a chat with Gina and Richard at Shows but I pick a quiet moment (usually few and far between on their stand ! ) and always move away when customers approach. I dont speak to them because I feel I should as a Club representative, I do it because I want to and I enjoy sharing the enthusiasm they both have for what we all do.

Guest Pete Tomo

Hi Everyone

Well I've just returned from a short break and logged on, only to find I had inadvertedly opened a can of worms when I last posted. I could not believe my eyes! The nickname I used for Richard was done so in good humour not in a derogatory manner. I have spoken to him on the telephone and at shows and found him to be very helpful.

I can't believe I started this - I'm such a mild-mannered chap- ask the better half!!

Pete