Diy Immobiliser

Jon Green

Guest Battery Bill
As I mentioned in another thread most of my engine messing knowledge is from the marine side - its now standard practise to use crimp connectors as soldered or screw ones fail more often. To be fair there is more damp around in boats and we also use fully tinned wire.

And these are not the cheap and nasty ones you get in Halfords in a pack with the pressed steel clamp, they're proper ones that need putting on with the right tool that you ratchet shut and have sealant in the back of the connector.

A proper crimp connector doesnt fall if if its the right size for the cable and put on with a ratchet crimp tool, not pliers or the 4 quid specials.

Funny I spent most of this afternoon messing around with failed Crimps on a double glazing rig (The good quality type, not the £4 specials) I agree with BJ twisted wire then soldered is the best method by far :D :D

Cheers Mat,

Well that diagram makes me feel a bit out of my league. Im not 100% sure that I've got the right DPDT relay! Has anyone else made this immobiliser on here?

Guest salty_monk

In my opinion they are more trouble than they are worth.... I used a "Python" by Master Lock. Feed it through all 4 wheels then chassis the spare & lock it...

Dan :D

Guest Jim Poole
post-140-1151580128_thumb.jpg

At the top is the diagram of the DPDT relay.

Below is the diagram of the immobiliser... I haven't the foggiest which wire to put where!!

Help!

12 volt supply to terminals 1 &13

LED from terminal 11

Coil on automotive relay from terminal 9

Reed switch and terminal 4 from terminal 16

Push button from terminal 8