So...any One Taken Delivery Of The Super Spec?

Guest Dredd

Guest Dredd

Mine is due in October, no date yet, not too worried though, more time to sort the finances out! I'd be interested in your verdict when you take delivery. What options have you gone for?

Guest nomis

Went for Turbo (Thats why someone kindly changed my member title), thought long & hard about rear discs but decided against (I'm not sure what extra they add apart from looks).

In theory some people should already have them but I wonder if we might be amongst the first which I didn't want. The factory closes down from 3-17th August.

I'll put a note up when I've collected it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nomis,

That is a very brave thing to do! :o

I've put my deposit down, ashamed to say haven't even seen the car

I am sure though you will not be disapointed, i have October as my delivery Month, still trying to find a home for the junk in the garage.

Has anyone taken delivery yet???

Guest TerryBarry

Hi,

I'm still bashing away at my 2B

I notice that you Super Spec'ers seem to refer to "Delivery Dates"

Does this mean it comes to you :unsure:

I had a "Collection Date" to go and get it. :)

Cheers,

Terry

Hi,

No unfortunatly you still have to collect the Soup Spec (what do you expect for that price!)

not quite sure how yet as it is a rolling chassis which i dont really want to get wet!!.

Best i can come up with is a car trailer and a tarp.

any ideas. :blink:

Well if you hire youself a 7.5 tonne truck (the largest available on a normal driving licience) then it will fit in without any trouble. I've hired 7.5 tonne trucks for house moves in the past. Driving them is great fun and well worth the 100 quid a day which I paid!

The only problem would be lifting it into the back. They usually have a tail lift. One approach would be to lift the heavier of the two zxles on the lift first, and then get 3 big blokes to lift the other axle and roll it in. Not as daft as it might sound?

Failing that then your first build task is a sturdy set of ramps, or a forklift.

Ant

Guest mark kingston

take your tools with you and finish it off and drive it home...... should not take more than a few hours as RHE have done most of the hard bits for you??????

he he he

regards

Mark Kingston

Nomis, It would be useful if, when you collect your SuperSpec, you could post the SP on what additional boxes etc need to be catered for upon collection, i.e. would a car trailer and van / estate would suffice? I think you have the earliest collection date of September.