Got My Date

Guest tom2b

Guest tom2b

Yesterday i took my car for a pre sva mot style check over test, the mechanics (kitcar enthusiasts themselves) were very impressed with the standard of the build and set up tracking, headlamp aim, emissions etc for me.

After i got home the post was delivered and i nervously opened the VOSA stamped envelope with my test details, 16th of june, 8pm at exter. Better finish off all of those niggly little last minute jobs!

Guest Ian & Carole

All the best with the sva

Hope your lights are good because it will be gone midnight when they have finished it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

16th of june, 8pm
:) :)

Ian J

Guest tom2b

Ooops i meant 8am!

Nigel im trailering it to exeter, i should be able to get my hands on some wheels locally, if not ill let you know. Probably easiest to meet you there?

Ive hardly got anything left to do now but ill still probably spend all of today and next weekend on it still!

OK.

Kit cars can never be finished. One of the odd things about a kit is that you can always find something to do. You could complete it, SVA it and spend another 200 hours quite happily fettling this and adjusting that and making a little mod for the other and it still would be finished.

Nigel

Guest chris brown

There will be a Hoody gathering especially so we can all have a beer (French beer that is) the night before to wish you luck Tom. Mind you I suspect we will have a beer or two anyway you will have to come and join us next year. Good luck

Guest tom2b

Thanks Chris, dont forget im sure it will make all the difference! I was hoping to join you this year but i didnt pull my finger out in time, still theres always next year!

Guest scottie686

Mines in for it's re-test on the 16th june at 11:00 at chelmsford!! :D If you're booked at the same test centre you'll get an opportunity to see how bad build quality can get!! :huh: To my defence though, i bought the car off the chap who built it and lost interest and i have 'picked up the torch' to get it tested and then re-build it with no expense spared (ok, maybe with a little expense spared!!). A fresh coat of paint, new 17" wheels, carbon cycle wings, carbon lightweight rear arches, new dash + instruments, new rear lights, new engine and carbs are sitting in my garage awaiting their new home!! Just gotta keep going back to VOSA til she goes through!! :p

Best of luck on you're test, it's not as nerve racking as you think, and the testers are very helpful!!

Scott

;)