Surrey

Guest salty_monk

Guest Battery Bill

Dan

Our Surrey only cost £40, Cracking job too, I can PM the makers Number if you like. :D :D

Look on our website to see what its like :lol: :lol: :p :p

Ken Brough made a surrey out of an England flag, here he is demonstrating it in Le Flesche, in France :D :D

post-5-1151098738.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest salty_monk
Pete can’t get round the back to take a photo Dan the garage doors in the way :p :p ;)

Bugger - not one of those "non driver's" is he?? :lol:

I can wait....

Thanks Mick.

Dan

if you fancy DIY look up sail makers in Yellow Pages.

I found one in Rochester who could provide anything from dinghy sails (bit thin) to Thames barge sails (cant even lift it!) to weather proof boat covers in UV resistant material in all sorts of colours.

I went for Elise red material which has worn well & could be sewed on the MemSahib's machine (but only when she was at work!!)

Bob

Guest peter2b2002
Dan

if you fancy DIY look up sail makers in Yellow Pages.

I found one in Rochester who could provide anything from dinghy sails (bit thin) to Thames barge sails (cant even lift it!) to weather proof boat covers in UV resistant material in all sorts of colours.

I went for Elise red material which has worn well & could be sewed on the MemSahib's machine (but only when she was at work!!)

Bob

post-608-1151490500_thumb.jpgHere is a rear view, just had a down pour

pete2b

Guest salty_monk

This is more what I was thinking of, with a roll up (or completely detachable panel) rear window that could be put in place with velcro or summat... sorry to butcher your photo!

bourne_park_show.jpg

Yours looks good though!

I'll probably then make some half screens for the sides out of the same material so they can be folded away possibly with an extra add on piece for blocking the holes if leaving it somewhere (but that's not critical)...

Basically my aim is to be able to drive it in all weathers when I get the chance (i.e. I'm back in the UK).

I'll probably end up doing DIY I guess, it's time in the UK I'm short of more than anything. Thanks for the link Bob.

Dan :D

Guest peter2b2002

Hi Dan , I tried that idea using velcro over the roll bar to hold the rear bit in place but i found it blocked the rear view 1/4s too much,so i opted for a sheet of acrilic fitted so that it filled in the gap under the roll bar. prooved its worth going to Rouen rained so hard you couldn't see the road markings, bone dry inside.

pete2b

ps don't worry about the picture iv'e got loads more

This is more what I was thinking of, with a roll up (or completely detachable panel) rear window that could be put in place with velcro or summat...

My hood was inspired by Peter's, but its more like what you describe. I too have a polycarbonate screen that fits in between the roll bar and the seat headrests. This keeps the rain from coming in round the back because I have a cut out between the roll over bar stays to allow the boot to be openned with the hood on. The cutout has rounded corners and finishes a couple of inches rearwards of the roll over bar so I get full use of the interior rear view mirror.

My boot is waterproof so with the surrey on the car is water tight. I do have a big plastic sheet I sometimes use as well but at Le Mans on the night of the big downpour I had lent the plastic sheet to Peter because of his broken sidescreen. Just my surrey kept the interior of the car perfectly dry. In the morning I just had to push the middle of the surrey up to remove the 3" deep puddle on it!

I don't have a picture of the back end on file so I will have to take some this weekend.

Guest salty_monk

Sounds good, look forward to seeing the pictures. Perhaps I need to forget the rear bit then unless I build them out of something clear so you can still see out of the quarters...

My major target was to try to keep everthing "soft" so it would roll up small & could be kept in the car permanently. The "proper" hood & screens were a real pain to store in car I found.

The temporary tarp we used on the way down from Glasgow was fixed something like this:

untitled.jpg

No rear view, just used the wing mirrors, quarters were open though so that would have helped....

Dan :)

Forgot to ask....

Is the PC panel that you've fitted into the rollbar there permanently or do you just add it when it rains??

Dan :)