Got My Donor!

Guest the_did

Guest the_did

Full marks to Mrs Did for spotting this one just round the corner from where we live - for the sum of £40. Its a 2.0L Pinto (Carb) - Its got tax till the end of the month and MOT till then end of Dec. Its got 93000 miles on the clock - I can quite believe that as the last owner had it for 14 years and he was a very old boy. It drives very nice for a C reg car and the engine pulls just as well as i can remember my Capri doing. Its even got that old ford smell.

Shame its gonna be butcherd really - its a classic!

sierra.jpg

sierra%20(1).jpg

sierra%20(2).jpg

sierra%20(3).jpg

sierra%20(4).jpg

sierra%20(5).jpg

sierra%20(6).jpg

sierra%20(7).jpg

8).jpg' alt='default_dirol.gif' alt='8)'>.jpg'>

sierra%20(9).jpg

Guest mickmellors

If it's road legal, use it regularly for the remainder of its legality so you can get a good feel for reliability and if anything needs doing to the engine or running gear.

Give it a couple of longer runs - long enough to get the engine thoroughly warmed through in case that finds anything heat related problems.

Better to find a problem now and fix it before implanting faulty parts into your pride and joy.

Imagine the dissappointment of spending all that time on your build only to find it coming off the road again because it needs a new camshaft after a couple of weeks on the road.

Shame its gonna be butcherd really - its a classic!

Looking good :)

Similar situation with my donor - had been someone's family car for 14 or so years, brought the kids home from hospital, and all that business - the woman cried when I told her what I intended to do to it :lol: :p :lol:

Guest salty_monk

Now the fun starts..... :)

It's nice when the missus gets involved - from now on, whenever she moans about it, remind her who found the donor ;) :D

Guest stu205
for the sum of £40. Its a 2.0L Pinto (Carb) - Its got tax till the end of the month and MOT till then end of Dec. Its got 93000 miles on the clock

What an absolute bargain! so in theory it only cost 30 quid cause of the road tax, even less than that if it had fuel in the tank!!!!!

Guest micky bigthumbs

if your not used to rear wheel drive have a good thrash around ( off road ) and get the feel of the back end trying to catch the front :D :D

Guest the_did

too right about the mrs starting me off - Im sure i will get constant moaning about me being in the garage every night.

Ive had 3 capris and 3 mr2 turbos so i know how to handle a rwd car. I gave it some on the way home and it was pretty good.

Ive already sold the head lights to one of my mates with a RS500 - thats 30 squid it owes me - any body want a 21 year old ford stereo?

Looks like the switch gear that does not use a relay pack that comes with the vicky green loom, thicker wires but simplifies the wiring. If you can keep it whilst you build the kit you will find that there are tons of little clips, brackets, grommets and plugs that you need, plus you can refer to the car when you want to know how it fits.

40 quid and it drives, a good buy by anyones standards.

Guest chris brown
Just found out that its a 205 block too! Well chuffed!
I bet if you fell in a really big heap of the smelly stuff you would come up smelling of roses. :D :D That must be the bargain of the year