3.0 Capri V6 Carburettor Or Similar

Guest tom2b

Guest tom2b

Im after a carb off of a capri 3.0 v6 the one where both chokes open simultaneously as my webber 32/36dgav isnt quite up to the job and after much thought the twin 40/45s will be hard to keep running smooth and cost alot to run. So does anyone have one they would like to sell?

Guest salty_monk

It's a 38 DGAS that you're after. Standard 3.0 jets are accepted as being ok for a tuned 2l pinto.

It will go on the same manifold as the 32/36.

Came on SE6's & Capri's etc.

Dan :)

Guest salty_monk

Bob had some fun with a couple second hand ones with leaky diaphragms that can't be replaced from memory....

Of course you could always buy twin 40's off Drew... Nigel did well with his Dellorto's so might be able to advise you how to get them to return reasonable MPG.

The 38 DGAS is not much bigger than the 32/36, it's a bit bigger & also not progressive (both chokes throw petrol at the same time not small one first) so it makes it a little bit more "un-ruly" to drive.

You probably want a lairy cam, vernier & modded dizzy to see the full effect from th DGAS or the 40's. Not sure on your setup.

Guest tom2b

Im tempted by twin 40s but i hear so much about them running rubbish when there old and drinking like fish. Nigel did ok with mpg but i have a heavy right foot and im not joking, my 206 1.6 16v only does 29mpg!

Dan ive got a lairyish cam, adj vernier and electric dizzy etc. I think my 32/36 is a bit lethal as it really cuts in when that second choke comes in, suddenly go sideways when that kicks in round a corner!

Guest salty_monk

oscar008.jpg

40's are fully refurbishable from what I know...

My last car had modded Aldon Dizzy with no vac advance & 38 DGAS - I got around 16-17 MPG most of the time when I drove it like I stole it, never usally more than about 22. It was rolling road tuned by Sanspeed.

New one also with DGAS gets around 25 ish, 30 on a run. Standard Dizzy, with vac advance.

Bob got around 16-17MPG on his modded one with 40's tuned at the Sanspeed too. You may find that it's not that much more expensive when you work it out over a year & how many miles you'll do.... probably only be a hundred quid or so.

Just to throw in a curve ball.... Have you considered bike carbs?? Couple of peops on here have them fitted with some success I think...

Guest tom2b

Yes ive considered bike carbs but its probably more hassle and money than its worth right now. Are you sure twin 40s can be fully recovered after standing for a long time?

Guest tom2b

Just spoken to someone with regards to twin 40s, think ill give Drew a pm and take them off of his hands after all, if i dont get on with them ill put them for sale on here to recover my costs.

Guest stu205
Are you sure twin 40s can be fully recovered after standing for a long time?

well Ive got twin 45's on the 205 and after a word with our local weber superman hes says as long as whoever is diong it they can be recovered, usually no more than a service kit and a new set of jets, but the sound OHHH the sound!!!!!! I have a 38 Dgas and Im tempted not to bother fitting it and go straight to twin 40's