Visteon Radiator

Guest Dan_Beeston

Guest Dan_Beeston

Hi Guys,

Has anyone sucessfully fitted the large Visteon aluminium radiator that comes with the current 2B plus kit?

I've just waved it about under the bonnet & it's at least 120mm too wide, even if you ignore all the mounting lugs etc.

If anyone can offer any advice it would be most appreciated, especially photos!

Cheers,

Dan

Guest chris brown
If anyone can offer any advice it would be most appreciated, especially photos!
As Tim says turn it through 90 degrees and then slant it back at something over 45 degrees.

Now (and I apologise in advance if you really want to use it) throw the Bloody great thing away and go out and get either a Coolman or a Cortina one (available as all the shows). At least they fit even if it is at an angle and have the hose connections on the correct side

Guest Dan_Beeston

Cheers guys, I feared that might be the case!

Does it still mount between the two top rails in the wishbone car, like the rad featured in the build videos?

Does anyone have a photo of the Visteon rad mounted in a wishbone car?

Hi, I've got a wishbone model and had the "standard" radiator held in place with rope and tape whilst I tried to design suitable brackets..... Then gave up, saw the light, and bought a Capri rad. The Capri rad requires a little bit trimming off the flanges on the sides, and a couple of small brackets making. I used the top hose from the donor, and the bottom is a flexi hose from Halfords (Mk2 cortina, if memory serves)

Hope this helps

Nicko