New Exhaust Silencer...... Y Section Needed

Hi there

I bought a new exhaust silencer for my 2B last year and i have just got round to thinking about replacing it with my existing rusted RH standard one.

My new silencer has a inlet of 2.5", i plan to keep some of the RH exhaust until it comes out of the side panel and then lop it off.

I have got a 1m length of 2.5" tube to bring the silencer forward from the side outlet but i need to connect this to the existing tubes???

I believe a Y piece is in order........inlet 2.5" and two outlets of about 1.5" to fit the RH exhaust???

Jetex dont seem to do the outlet this small and i am not sure how tight i will be able to get it. Anyone know a place that sells these????????

Thanks for any help

Guest stu205

just checked in the catalogue and it says call for details, which usually means theres toomany types to list in the catalogue, 01978 664468 (yes the number was from memory:wub:)

Nice thought Dan but probably a lot more hassle!!! This way i just cut off the exsiting silencer and bolt this on :D

Although i do have a 4 into 1 maniforld that came with my pinto although theres no way it is ever getting out the hole in the side and miss the steering!! Although if Demon Tweeks do rufends i may buy lots of angle pieces and cople a few together :unsure:

they sure do, they have a simple dont take the p**s approach to refunds, if you havent used it then no ifs buts or the slightest sight of a maybe.

if you can get hold of her speak to Sharon, shes got her head screwed on (and drives a 309 B) ) same area code but 663019

Guest FIRSTBUILD

I used my original RH exhaust as a collector - cut about 80% out of the middle welded the two halves together and wrapped it in stainless then welded a 50mm exit pipe on the outlet, didnt cost a penny and it hasnt fallen of yet !!

I think you can see it in the garage.

Steve