Mt75 Gearbox "yellow" Plug!

Guest nik4chef

Guest nik4chef

Hi,have only just been able to look properly at the underside of my Superspec This was bought pre built from original owner and I'm going through it.......checking everything prior to SVA.

There is a yellow plug on the left side of the gearbox that looks temporary to me! Please forgive my ignorance but it looks like it could be a level plug for fluid..but i'm not sure.Can anyone suggest what its for and do I need a more permanent metal plug?

Best regards Stan (nik4chef)

Hi Stan

Can you describe where abouts on the box this is? If it's on the nearside, and towards the middle (looking front to back) then I think it's likely to be the filling hole. If it's further back it could be the hole where the speedo cog goes, or if on the offside, the speedo cable connection.

Hope this helps

Hi Stan

If its yellow and on the passanger side I'm sure its the filler hole, and I think its a temporary plug, which gets replaced (it rings a bell - errr the situation not the actual plug you understand ;) ) - BUT as my spec is sitting 2 foot off the ground at the mo i'll check it out for you tonight.

e

Guest nik4chef

Thanks all for your replies........the plug is about halfway up side of box just below a downward facing shrouded electrical socket on nearside/passenger/lefthand.

It looks like it could be fill level but am suprised that Rhood didnt supply a permanent plug! Did any of you Superspec owners have this prob?

Thanks folks Stan

Stan... I found mine once I'd finished the car!!!! If I knew where it was I'd send it up to you.

The yellow one is a temp one that's supplied with the new gearbox... hence my comment about it not having an oil in it. hmmmm

Stan... buy some gearbox oil and top it up... when it's starts to pour out put the metal one in.... Peace of Mind and all that.

The way RH have mated the engine & gearbox together you really don't want to hope that there's oil in it ;)