Roll Over Diameter

Guest bloke

Just for the record i have managed to get two of the older type S7 through the SVA, a 3A and a S72, as Jim stated you need to get the seatbelts beind the seats, on both occasion i have welded in a cross brace between the existing RH rollbar, then attached the seat belts to this. I didn't in either case increase the diameter, let me know if you require some pictures

I have done a halfway house modification, 50mm bar welded to existing roll bar at the correct height for the SVA but still attaching the seatbelts to the back. This will then be braced and triangulated.

If this fails then i will take the roll bar out and do the mods as per Jims solution.

I just thought i would try it this way to start with.

Next mod is to put a couple of large load spreading plates in 3mm steel behind the seat for the outer seat belt mounting points.

What i have done and what you must do is fit some load spreading plates under the roll bar where it touches the floor of the boot, this stops the roll bar punching through the floor if you do have a big off, these plate, i belive, should be attached with some small bolts to the floor, no need to weld them to the roll bar.

Guest Steve Allen

[attachmentid=6366 Few pictures added I hope, the green S7 i used a 40mm Box section Cod Mouthed between the Rollbar, the 3A I used 42 O/D Tube, the Box is easier option, What the seat belt mounting heights conform to the SVA requirement, Steve

Cant seem to get two pictures on one reply so hopefully there should be another, Must stop building cars and have some computer lessons

Try again

post-657-1159549024_thumb.jpg

post-657-1159549577_thumb.jpg

Guest Steve Allen

The red 3A in the picture has a round tube for the seat belt mounts, it's just hard to tell by the picture. problem with using round is that you will need to add/weld tapped plates to them for the seat belt bolts, just tapping the tube will no be sufficent. hence why square is easier than round for doing this.