Chassiss Numbers?

Guest nightracer35

Guest nightracer35

can any 1 please tell me howmany numbers and how many letters do i need for my chassiss number? is it best to use aluminium or steel plate?? many thanks.

ron

Guest hypermick

I think there have been other posts about this before but, Im lead to believe that (and I havent applied one to my chassis yet) you form your own.

As a guide line you could do something like this :

CAR TYPE : RHSC 2B

YEAR of MANUFACTURE : 2006

YOUR INITIALS : ABC

YOUR POSTCODE : AA2 2AA

making : RHSC2B2006ABCAA22AA

just a thought and it gives lots of information without giving away lots of information if you see what I mean !

It has to be positioned(as per the SVA manual ?? ) where the examiner can easily read it and probably where it cannot be removed easily. It may also have to be directly on the chassis even if it is seperately elsewhere on a nice shiney plate.

BBBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLL,......................BILL are you there ? put us right on this one !!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mick.

Hi Ron, this is the info I have stored away, probably from somewhere on here!!

1. There should be 17 characters

2. There should be a mix of letters and numbers

3. It is ok to included a word, or name (but nothing offensive!)

4. You can't use Z, Q, I, or O

Hope this helps

Nicko

Hi,

my local DVLA office supplied me with a chassis number. As Nigel said, it starts SABTVRO - but try convincing VOSA that its an 'O' not a zero when you apply for SVA. I've corrected them twice and they still get it wrong! However when I stamped it on the chassis, O's and zeros looked the same anyway - never mind. I stamped it directly onto a chassis tube and also onto an aluminium plate which is riveted into the boot.

Edward

You can use I and O but they will be classed as "one" and "zero"

Handy if your name is Ian or Ollie and want to include it in your number.

Edited by stevec

Guest Alan_builder

OOH

It's about time this subject was Pinned.

see here or below http://www.promec-services.co.uk/hoods/paperwork.htm see 4 (VIN)

I believe on the tapes of the 2b/4 it says use the invoice number followed by 13 other digits of your choice, making 17 in total. I did make a technical enquiry to Richard (Robin Hood) and was told just that. I made the call after calling the DVLA for the third time and asking how I got the "serial number" of the chassis (this will be the VIN) so I could fill the "Build Up Inspection" form. DVLA stated the builder should supply the chassis number so I did what Richard said.

Since then some local DVLA offices seem to want to issue the VIN. If you make one up remember to say it came from the manufacturers.

Alan

I :wub: my RH