Bleeding Brakes

Guest horncock

Guest horncock

Please help.

I just can't get a firm pedal. It all started when the MOT tester didn't like the look of the front brake hoses, " you should really get some s/steel braided ones" so of I go and get some. hour job thinks me . Three days later, 10 litres of brake fluid, one new master cyclinder every where and four flat tires and about to take an axe to it.

I've blanked off the rear circuit with a bleed nipple, and isolated the problem to the front nearside, I've just bleed nearly a litre though it with the old easybleed thing and still the same problem AIR. the pedal can be pumped up and there are no leaks at any of the joints.

Is it pssible that air could be getting back into the system through a bad join but fluid not out, or is there just air caught up in the caliper ?

I've been messing around with cars for years, new and old and never had a problem like this.

Commonest odd error is mounting the front calipers on the wrong sides. Check the bleed nipple is at the highest point of each caliper.

If you are using an easibleed type pump, connect it up, open the bleed nipple, and leap in the car and compress the pedal fully a couple of times and raise it slow,slow,slow.. Air may be trapped in the front section of the master cylinder.

Nigel

Guest paul thompson

Check also that your pads are in correctly, I had 3 days of the same thing and found that the pad was on the cock and the back plate was flexing leading to a spongy feel.