2b/4 Front Height Adjusting Sleve

Guest Alan_builder

Guest Alan_builder

Hi All

The item I am selling is shown here http://www.promec-services.co.uk/hoods/svasus.jpg it is the rusty screwed sleve which covers the mini McFerson strut and fits into the top of the wheel hub. The arrow F points to it.

We all have trouble with them rusting like mad, so here I have a solution as they are made from a high grade stainless steel.

I will sell them for £99.99 per set (2 off).

What I would like is a minimum of 8 of you to purchase a set then they will only cost £46.00 a set.

If you are interested please reply here so ever one can see the price will drop to £46.

Oh deliver will be £6

These are for the 2B/4 which is the non wishbone one.

Friday 15th 09:59. Todate there have been 37 readers. Would you please leave some information for me, have you not got the 2B/4? Is the £46 too much? Don't want to change your car? Not at that build point? If no one else want some I will have to pay the £99 for mine.

Alan

Alan

I like the idea, and am interested, but £46 does sound a lot. I've been thinking about the front suspension on the 2B/4 particularly with regard to the availability of the mini-mcphearsons if RHSC are not rescued. Not sure what the alternative would be or what the realistic life-expectancy of the unit would be.

If the £46 was a way of investing in the long-service of the unit it would be a good idea.

Are you proposing to make these yourself or have them made up elsewhere.

A quick search and MNR do mini struts in Ally for 37 quid.

Any kit manufacture using the Sierra uprights and double wishbones will have these on there parts list, stainless will stay nicer for longer but i will just keep painting mine for a while longer.

Hi Alan,

I've got a 2B/4 and also like the idea of having that part made from stainless. However, I don't think I could justify paying £46 for a pair at this point. Admittedly I haven't really used the car on the road and it hasn't got wet at all but there is only a slight amount of surface rust on the unit - nothing that would make me concerned about its integrity yet. Best wishes,

Edward

Guest Alan_builder

Hi eddieH, Snapperpaul, enforcer

First thanks for the information in your feedback. I have some additional information and a photo to add.

Snapperpaul - the 2B/4 dose not have front wishbones, it has the ford track control arm and roll bar with a mini-mcphearsons. I believe you have found a plug for the hole the mcphearson fixes into.

eddieH & enforcer - the future supply of the mini-mcphearson strut is a problem. I don't see why it should not last as long as the original mcphearsons 70,000 to 150,000 miles or 20 years. Only time will tell. I am sure the mcphearson is not unique to RH.

post-1306-1158872313_thumb.jpg

The cost to have 2 made out of solid bar is almost £100. The SS is high quality not the same as the hood chassis, and there is quite a lot of work to make the inside and exterior diameters correct and threaded.

Using tube makes the labour simpler but a 6m length of tube makes 23 sets. I am not making these myself or a profit, just trying to get the bits for our 2 cars at a better price.

Any one interested in these parts needs to contac me by Monday 25th Sept. as we will be making our own plans then.

Alan