2.9 Ford Coswoth From A Scorpio

I bought one of these engines about a year ago but when measuring up it looked a hell of a job to fit, not only engine bay mods but also looked like it needed some mods to the side pannels

As i have this i am exploing ways of making my pinto work harder, unless of course anyone has squeezed one of these in and could tell me how hard it is.

A long shot i'm sure so i'll be surprised if anyone has :o

Guest chris brown

As Tim says there are several hoods with the V6 fitted but I have only ever seen one 2B and that had had the top chassis rails cut and others put in to increase the width of the engine bay by about 3 to 4 inches. This is because the 2B is narrower than the S7 internally across the bay and the side panels I believe are higher and I think like Tim that the pedel box will have to be changed

I'm afraid my V6 is in an early S7 so drastically different to a 2b. Mine is the 2.8 and the Cosworth heads are much bigger. I was considering this swap though in the future! I'd be interested to know the width of engine at the widest point as I already have the engine mountings sorted but I think will struggle with width at the top of the engine and exhaust manifolds.

Guest mastarforth

I have to say in aswer to this, I am looking at the 2.8 V6 option, and measuing my engine bay against the simensions of the head, I am sure I can get it to fit into the 2B. I know I will need a custom exhaust but what is new I expected that anyway.