Lightweight Talk

Mat-Moo

For those who are not aware, Graham (gdc) is planning a meeting for Lightweighters. It is hoped that some good ideas/fixes can be worked out in order to get our Lightweight buddies through the SVA. If you are interested, please see this post http://community.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=13749

Graham, please feel free to give me more details if you wish them posted on here.

Quick overview of the meeting and outcome (Thanks Graham) :

1) No persons from RHSC/GBSC was in attendance (A shame!)

2) As of Friday am there was 7 confirmed and 1 staying the night

3) Sat we had 3 in attendance, Marcus (zoom zoom), Ian garlic(from York) and Colin Pope (e hunt).

4) drank lots of tea and ate bacon rolls. more tea etc. :) :)

5) Spent a lot of time discussing the mods Graham had made, and came to the conclusion that the mods were about the best we could achieve. IE Those already on his car and the proposed mods to the front were agreed. Today (Sunday) Graham carried out those mods.

6) As far as Graham can see, the necessary strengthening on his lightweight are now complete.

7) The other attendees all took loads of photos to aid them in the re-build of there cars, in order to get them through SVA

8) The stance they have adopted is that the lightweight mk 1, if built correctly is sound therefore any mods to a soundly constructed car can only enhance it. They have to be seen by sva (VOSA) to have addressed those issues raised by the failed car, to produce lightweight mk2. If no mods are carried out then the sva tester will air on the side of caution

9) We are happy for anyone to have details of the modifications, but we would prefer to prove them by means of an sva first. If any other builder wants details we are more than happy to pass on the results of this meeting, but would prefer not to post them as the definitive answer! Secondly if any one wants details pre the sva, they must understand this may not be the answer to the whole problem,in other words don't blame me if it don't work!

10) I hope to have mk2 ready in about 6 weeks

Graham

I really wish the best teh the lightweighters, and hope that this is of benefit to those builders. It will be nice to have some positive news to post again!