Dohc Kit - Pedal Box

Guest Mark Large

Guest Mark Large

First time user so this could be wrong!!!

DOHC kit. The pedal box according to the vid is difficult!! I'II say.

Manifold on the DOHC is on the other side of course so no problems there. Having taken out the 1/2 inch width of the pedal box as stated on the vid it was still a problem fit so i moved the alternator and this allowed me to position the steering shaft between the clutch pedal and brake. i then got a local engineering firm to straighten the pedals and it all looked good and worked okay. Just before i bolted it all down i thought i would just check the bonnet clearance and now the top of the plastic master cylinder resevoir is about 1 1/2 inches too tall. Any ideas !!

From my biking days master cylinders are often 'remote' but with this sierra type there are two inlets to the bores from the plastic resevoir and i could see this being a problem.

Mark,

looking at the reservoir is it level or does it tilt upward towards the front ?

I found on mine (although not a DOHC kit but with DOHC engine fitted) that the angle of the servo plate was too great and by straightening out the plate this lowered the master cylinder enough to clear the bonnet, also the fluid in the reservoir was more level than originally.

Les

At last, another DOHC builder!!!

HI Mark.

I assume you have the EFI DOHC kit.

Mine's a carb and the pedal box is different as we do away with the servo altogether and the pedals shaft doesn't need to be altered. I did straighten the pedals though.

What I did that you may find interesting was to lower the bracket by cutting off the flange that you bolt to the chassis and bending a new one. This gives me alot more clearance between the carb pipework and fliud reservoir.

Click the "WWW" button below to take a look at my site.

Regards

JonB