Oil Catch Tank Breather

Snapperpaul

Picked up a bargin oil catch tank like the square ones sold by Car Builder Solutions, but it does not have a vent or place to put a breather/filter.

I have 1 x 13mm i.d hoses from low down on the exhaust side of the block, one 10mm i.d which is from the normal block breather position and another 13mm i.d. from the filler cap.

I need to get some different inlets on the tank as one is 15mm and the other is 8 mm but how/where can i plumb in 3 hoses (2x 13mm and 1x 10mm) and a vent filter?

Any help/ideas.

Guest salty_monk

You should be able to put pipe fittings on it if you can get a socket with a nut in it down inside it.... otherwise you should be able to braze something on to fit I would think....

Dan :)

Does your engine use a 205 block?

If so then the exhaust side is normally used as a oil return from the bottom of the catch tank not as a breather (Non 205 blocks do not have this therfore it is necessary to weld/tap a return into the sump).

Ta

Duncan

Does your engine use a 205 block?

If so then the exhaust side is normally used as a oil return from the bottom of the catch tank not as a breather (Non 205 blocks do not have this therfore it is necessary to weld/tap a return into the sump).

205 block, on the original fitment this was used as an extra breather from the block as the fitting attached to the normal breather side is only 8mm i.d and looks a bit restrictive to me.

I will get the tank drilled and add a breather filter to the top if i must and to be honest it would look a lot better than running all those pipes through T pieces with a filter hanging of the side.

Guest Jaffer

I can help with the drilling and tapping etc if required... may even have some hose fittings here suitable/adjustable to fit your hose, [or can make some if necessary ;) ]. Fitting breather filter to the top should be straightforward enough too.... [if you have the right kit it you will be able to 'DIY' I'm sure, but the offer's there if required!]

Jaff

I can help with the drilling and tapping etc if required

That would be great, i will get the filter/breather ( bidding on ebay at the moment) and measure all my hose i.d.'s.

As i now have the gearbox spacer in my hands, do you want me to send that as well for you to have a look at?

Thanks again.

Oh.. PM me your address some time.

Guest Jaffer

No prob Paul!

Yes it would be interesting to have a look at the spacer please, I can take a few measurements and see whats involved in making them should any more be required!! I'll PM my address etc later if I remember :wacko:

Jaff.