Performance

Guest no1carmaddad

Guest no1carmaddad

I have a 2.0 efi in a 2b. I was wondering what sort of performance I should be getting. It is totally standard, but seems a little lacklustre. It runs ok, but what shall I check to try and pep it up abit. Does any know how much chipping cost and is it worth it. thanks, simon. :(

following calculations on a different thread (acceleration i think) i calculated 0-60 for 2l efi 116 lbft torque (ford figs) and weight 800kg gross = 7.75 secs 750 kg = 7.45 an 700 7.15

hope this helps.

i too have an efi but mines still to go in

I would suggest checking the ignition timing, as close to 12 BTDC as you can get without pinking. Cam timing wether you have changed the belt or not. Take off the rocker cover and do the tappets, 10thou for exhausts and 8thou for inlets. Have a look at the cam lobes for wear on the noses. Check and gap the plugs. Run some injector cleaning fluid through in the petrol. Buy this from Halfords etc. If its still not perky enough perhaps a compression test to check for wear in the bores and good sealing of the valves.

That should keep you busy for an hour or two and give a good idea of what might need changing. I'm not sure that the ford EFI unit responds well to chipping or faster cams and its probably better to go the head mods, cam and 38DGAS route to more power which you should do for £300 or so if you can find a secondhand carb and manifold.

Nigel

ignition timing and cam timing as longboarder says. just check that the plate with the pointer that is behind the cam gear, is full in the middle of the "window" if it's not then you will definately be out on your cam timing. If it's out, you will need to correct it by pulling the cam gear off slightly to let that backplate move, line it up and tighten up the gear again, now re-check the timing.