Sussex Area Trip To Detling

Jon Bradbury

To all Sussex Hoodies (and anyone else that is "Dahn Sarf").

I want to organise a RHOCaR Area Group trip to the Detling show in Sunday 15th April.

Link to the show page : here.

I propose those of us living to the West of Brighton meet up somewhere, then we proceed to Tonbridge (via Lewes / Uckfield) and meet up with the eastern chaps before proceeding to Maidstone.

The route I am proposing is:-

1. Worthing -> Brighton (A27), then
  2. Brighton -> Lewes(A27), then
  3. Lewes -> Uckfield -> Royal Tonbridge Wells (A26), then
  4. Royal Tonbridge Wells -> Pembury -> East Peckam (A228), then
  5. East Peckam -> Wateringbury (Maidstone Road), then
  6. Wateringbury -> Maidstone (A26), then
  7. Maidstone -> Detling Showground (A249)

The bit from Pembury to Wateringbury could be missed out if we want to stay on the A26, but it looks like a more pleasant route.

Here's a link to the map (Google Maps) Detling Showground. Zoom out and you should be able to see the route.

Please let me know if you are able to come and where you'd like to meet. You can PM me or reply to this post. I would personally suggest the Devil's Dyke pub for the first meet up as it is easy to get to from the A27 and has a good car park, shall we say around 9:00am?

See you there!

Jon Bradbury

Sussex Area Sec

• 2 weeks later...
weather looks fair we hope? phone you to confirm meet up

tony h, bognor

Too right. There's no weatherproofing on my car (unfitted at the moment). Thanks for calling. Remember : 8:30 sharp at mine, because we need to get off to Devils Dyke for 9:00.

Steve, I looked at the map, we will be passing through Crowborough on the A26 probably 9:45 - 10:00, where do you want to meet? And you could PM me your mobile, so when we get there I can call you if I haven't spotted you.

Guest Dredd

Jon

Myself (plus son) and my brother in law Steve (with his nipper) are planning to come down to Devils Dyke on Sunday morning to meet you. The weather looks good for the trip!

Derek

Hi Jon,

I live by Dyke Road, so very handy for me. However, 9am on a Sunday isn't

so easy, especially as I normally go out for a few refreshments on a Saturday

night :drinks: Maybe I'll try to take it easy and see you there, but don't hold

your breath!

Cheers,

Pete B)

Guest Bob's Babe

Tim is coming down for the weekend. I will dig out some RHOCaR calendars and clothing and hats to send with him. Any requests for polos, t-shirts or sweatshirts or jackets that I may have in stock?

SUE

Hi Jon,

I live by Dyke Road, so very handy for me. However, 9am on a Sunday isn't

so easy, especially as I normally go out for a few refreshments on a Saturday

night :drinks: Maybe I'll try to take it easy and see you there, but don't hold

your breath!

Cheers,

Pete B)

Gosh, Pete, I've been dying to have a nose round your lightweight for ages (actually since you took delivery of it)! So, if you're not at the Dyke I'll see you at the show. Just polished mine, starting to look like a proper little stunner.

Sue, I need a RHOCaR hat, at the very least.

TTFN

JonB

Guest mark kingston

back home safe and sound after a good day out to detling.

both tony and myself from bognor called into worthing to join jon's convoy and followed him to devils dyke to pick up more hoodies along the way.

I am sure everyone enjoyed the day as i did and i would like to say a big thank you to jon for organising it.

so thanks jon.

it was also nice to see some of the regular faces again and to finally meet the new owners of rhs

nice to see you again tim and peter who where on the club stand most of the weekend from what i can gather.. thanks for you efforts.

regards

mark