Carb Stepper Motor

itllbedonesoon

Good afternoon,

Some said a name like 'itlbedonesoon' would haunt me. Well spot on, i am loosing sleep over this thing now. I feel so close as i am trying to start her, she pops and sparks out of the exhaust but she just wont kick in to life. Here it is...

I am (trying) to run a 2.0 pinto Carb, have a points dizzy straight thru from the coil no engine managment in there at all. The carb (webber 2V) has autochoke and a stepper motor connections. I have looked at a few posts and think i have to wire in the autochoke to the 6V live from the alternator (please shout if this is wrong??).

Where do i wire the stepper motor into, or will (should) the car run with the stepper motor disconnected?

(if so this is one less thing to worry about why she wont start)

please help?

'itwontbedonesoon'

You dont have to wire up the stepper motor. Mine had its own loom, relay and about seven wires. Relay was a timed thing, activated to cycle the stepper when you switched off. I unplugged it and adjusted the stepper rod to act as the idle stop. Worked fine!

Nigel

Guest TerryBarry

The stepper motor is controlled by the ESCII box of tricks and adjusts the fast idle speed during the engine warm up period.

As Nigel says a lot of people have disconnected it.