Triumph Instrument Sets Now On Ebay

Jon Bradbury

Hi all

I have some triumph instrument sets for sale and I'm going to put them all on this thread.

First up is a complete Dolomite set with speedo, rev counter, volt meter, fuel and temperature gauges. Also has a "pie" display, dimmer rheostat, hazard warning switch and an eyeball style air vent.

£35 plus p+p.

post-43-1176753524_thumb.jpg

Finally, I have a solid state voltage regulator suitable for use with any of the small gauges. It's brand new, unused and I am selling at cost - £9.00 plus p+p. Sorry, no picture, it's just a black box with a couple of wires coming out and an instruction sheet!

Thanks

JonB

it's a screw in fit, but yes it will fit if you cut the speedo cable shrowd down a bit, it's exactly the same shape. I've not done it yet, it's on my (very long) list! Might want to use a jubilee clip to keep it on tho.

it's a screw in fit, but yes it will fit if you cut the speedo cable shrowd down a bit, it's exactly the same shape. I've not done it yet, it's on my (very long) list! Might want to use a jubilee clip to keep it on tho.

It doesn't screw in, the shroud is a push fit onto the back of the speedo. Diameter-wise it is an exact fit. You're right about cutting the shroud back, though (although some owners don't bother). The calibration is the same as the Ford speedo, so there is no need for re-calibration.

Guest Sdpurr
Next up is a Spitfire set comprising speedo, rev counter, fuel and temperature gauges.

£30 plus p+p.

Are the top two sets still forsale ???

Steve

Edited by Sdpurr

Guest Sdpurr

I am at the stage of the build where I need to work out what I am going to do with the dash, I do not want to put in the dash from the ford.

Do you know if these units are all working ? and if they would be ok of SVA ?

One least question are you going to Stoneleigh: kitcar show, as I could pick them up or do you know how much it would cost for the postage?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thank you for your time

Steve

The main thing about SVA is the accuracy of the speedometer. The Triumph gauges are the same calibration as the Ford ones, which is why they're the natural choice for most builders who don't want the Sierra dash. However, I can't absolutely guarantee that this is the case, because I have not tried it out myself, I'm only going by what others have said. The accuracy of the other gauges don't matter for SVA. Apart from that, it's the possibility of unradiussed edges you need to think about. Get round that by recessing them.

None of these gauges have been tested although I've no reason to assume any of them are broken. To be honest, I doubt very much any of them are, as they are virtually bullet proof. I bought them at various prices (some quite high!) from eBay over the last year or so. You will need a voltage regulator to use the fuel / temperature gauges, and you may need an appropriate sender for both. There is a lot of information available on the net to help you with this, and quite a few RHOCaR members have done it so you can ask here if you have problems.

There's one more thing to add. The Dolomite speedo doesn't have the full trip meter reset cable, just a flexible stub sticking out of the back of it. It does work, but you would need to attach an extension to it (use an electrical block connector). The Spitfire speedo has it.

Postage depends on which set you choose. I don't know exactly how much, but I will only ask for what it costs, so you'll get the fairest price. I should think less than a fiver.

I'm not going to Stoneleigh by the way.

Cheers

JonB

• 3 weeks later...