Bike Mirrors

Guest Alex Spratt

Hi Al,

They look nice eh? It says they're 'e' marked, so that's good. The only issue remaining is whether the glass area is of sufficient size. For SVA I think it's 40mm high x 70mm wide :unknw:

I think I've heard people on here saying they've used Gixer mirrors :unknw:

Al,

they are virtually identical to the mirrors I fitted last weekend, so sure they will fit ok. I put a piece of thin rubber under mirror base, and a piece of PVC (cable sheath) on underside of panel to allow for the flat base/curved body panel- and penny washers under nuts. As for SVA, I'll let you know in a couple of weeks! Field of view seems ok and glass dimensions no problem. You can get e marked gixer mirrors for about 24 quid a pair from hein gericke though (mine are honda- gixer out of stock last week at my local store). HTH, Brian

i used gsxr mirrors on mine - they look much better than most aftermarket car mirrors and will do sva no problem at all

mine were genuine suzuki from a bike breaker, with e marking on the casing for £20, i had just about given up on finding a matching pair from the boxes of single ones that i looked thru when i came across the second mirror

mirror size has to be 40mm high x 70mm wide and be able to fit a 70mm line vertically in the face somewhere, so in effect the mirror must be 70mm high at some point - if a 70mm sqare of paper will fit the glass you are ok

Steve

Guest Alex Spratt
Al,

they are virtually identical to the mirrors I fitted last weekend, so sure they will fit ok. I put a piece of thin rubber under mirror base, and a piece of PVC (cable sheath) on underside of panel to allow for the flat base/curved body panel- and penny washers under nuts. As for SVA, I'll let you know in a couple of weeks! Field of view seems ok and glass dimensions no problem. You can get e marked gixer mirrors for about 24 quid a pair from hein gericke though (mine are honda- gixer out of stock last week at my local store). HTH, Brian

i dont supose you have any photos of them, just so's i know wot they look like on a car?

Cheers Al