Smart Engine Bits

Guest Alan Harrison

Guest Alan Harrison

Reached a great mile stone on Sunday. After 10 months building I bolted on the only part that I've ever fitted that I wont have to take off again and again...ever. What can go wrong with an inlet manifold? No its there to stay.

To celebrate I want to get a nice new distributor cap with bright coloured ht leads and smart looking cable clips. Oh and one of those chrome plated coil covers. Car accessory shops only seem to sell in-car DVD players, radar snoopers and pressure washers these days. Any idea where I should look?

Guest mickmellors

Last time I saw something like that, 'er indoors had got her feet in the stirrups in the Delivery Suite !

Right tool for the job is always worth an hours saved labour.

My best yet - Wallpaper Steamer ! ! How can you manage without one ?

Wont adjust the valve clearances though ! !

Looks like one of Sykes-Pickavant's finest. Surely "reforming" a spanner would come out a hell of a lot cheaper :rolleyes: but wouldn't have the section for applying drive at the top. I'm sure hoodies could find a way around that though!

Morty

Edit: just looked at the ebay link. Firstly, at that price, I'd think brand new S-P stuff would come out cheaper than that, and secondly, has the seller ever seen a "shiny" object? they're either daft or have a really bad camera :D

Edited by morty

Guest trevor hooley

Correct spanner as Jims pic shows, most good tool factors approx £5 i got my from CFM in morecambe. Saves quite alot of blood, or buggering your best teng 19mm spanner with a hammer and blowtorch!

karl