Digital Instruments

Guest SEgan

Guest robinj66
I really fancy the Vapor with the additional dash surround:

Dash.jpg

Neil - where did you get yours from? Is there a distributor in the UK or did you get yours shipped from the USA?

Got mine (Vapor) from Tifosi - £76 No surround though.

www.tifosi-devon.co.uk (01769 581454)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Found a source for the add-on dash and the Vapor units on Ebay:

Vapor

Robin have you got a photo of your install and what sort of work is required to set this up? Is it like the bike computers with a magnet and a sensor?

Guest robinj66

I'm very tempted by the add-on dash but at the same time gutted that I could have had this unit for half the price I paid :o .

I haven't yet got to installing it but was intending to use it in conjunction with some Smith's gauges (oil pressure,fuel,water temp etc). not sure if the combination of old & modern will work on an S7 dash but I always like to buck the system (I said Buck! :D )

The speedo works with a magnet & sensor (they even supply the bracket) & the tacho has a sender wire that wraps around a spark plug lead. It even comes with temp sender already in a tube to be inserted into your plumbing . Can't say yet how it will perform but if it does what it says on the tin, I'll be pleased.

I bought the RX1N.. Have you got any piccies of

your modified sender.

Cheers

Allan

as requested

just looked and it was according to the ebay seller aSUZUKI GSX1100F POWERSCREEN 1991 FUEL SENDER UNIT

post-98-1180362824_thumb.jpg

Guest SMR610
as requested

just looked and it was according to the ebay seller aSUZUKI GSX1100F POWERSCREEN 1991 FUEL SENDER UNIT

Cheers Dave your a gent.

One last favour, when you`ve fitted it can you

let me know if it works ok?

Thanks very much

Allan

it works ok moving the arm by hand

assuming it still floats in fuel after bending the arm straight, it should do in the tank

(it floats ok in water)

Guest SEgan

Thanks for all the input, I have been following the discussions with interest.

In the end I decided to go for the Vapor unit, I decided on this one because it does 'everything' except fuel and I have been happy with the accuracy of my current sender and gauge. I am also avoiding any larger 'taking-apart' jobs during the summer.

I now have it fitted and it performs brilliantly, it even has a setting to allow you to set how many pulses/rev for the tacho. Connected up to the green wire from the original loom it reads perfectly. (wrapping the cable around the spark-plug as described in the instructions was as much use a hood ash-tray)

Beware the shift lights in a very childish way they can be addictive :D

Thanks again

Sean

Edited by SEgan

Guest SEgan
Hi sean

I've yet to install my vapor unit.

What setting did you use once you'd connected directly to the tacho wire in the loom?

Set the Pulse/rev to 2.

Guest robinj66

Sean

Can you explain why you used "2" for your setting? Having read the manual, I'm even more confused! :huh: Any idea which setting will work with a V6?

How does the unit know when the engine has performed one revolution (surely there will be 4 pulses for a 4-pot and 6 for a V6)

HELP :o

Guest robinj66

Having read the manual, I'm even more confused. It only has three settings - 0.5 ; 1.0 ; 2.0 . Which one does anyone suggest for a V6 engine?

Guest salty_monk

Try it and see... surely it's only going to read wrong not harm anything! You should be able to hear if it's close or connect a multimeter or other tacho up to compare.

Dan :)