Next Mag

Guest Tim Norman

Guest Tim Norman

That is unless you get your stories in to Peter as soon as possible.

There have been 3 entries to the competition in the mag so if it was you you stand a damn good chance of winning £100.

Guest red7

On Thursday afternoon I'm setting off for the Isle of Skye in my old S7 from Newcastle. I'm hoping to meet up with Turbo south of Glasgow before making the long journey north. So hopefully when I get back I should have had a great adventure to write up for the club mag.

Guest salty_monk

All I have to write about is changing valve shims on a GS1000... not much good in the club mag ;)

Maybe I'll write up my Yosemite trip in July (on the bike too)... (or I could write about obtaining speeding tickets at the Grand Canyon.... :lol: )

Mind you, I could write about my new business venture called "Send me lots of money please Ltd" or the other one, "I'll rip you off with a pyramid scheme incorporated" I can probably russle up a pic of me standing next to my car from somewhere..... :lol:

Only pulling legs... :wub:

Guest Giggling_Buffoon

Mind you, I could write about my new business venture called "Send me lots of money please Ltd" or the other one, "I'll rip you off with a pyramid scheme incorporated" I can probably russle up a pic of me standing next to my car from somewhere..... :lol:

Dan,

What makes you think that FLP is pyramid scheme?

Guest salty_monk

Just the "hits" that I got when I Googled it.... Seems the same people have a bunch of the same stuff going over here in America. Not 100% scams but still a variation on the typical Pyramid scheme. I can't remember all the details right now. Some positive stuff too but even those led me to believe it was a pyramid scheme, the positive ones were closer to the top....

Maybe the info I found is wrong.... I googled it out of genuine interest.

The piece in the mag wasn't very rich on specifics & the website (I pulled it out of the email address because none was given) leads to a construction "holding page". Neither instill a huge amount of confidence, a website cost nothing these days.

If it's you guys doing it, good luck to you.

Dan :)

Guest Giggling_Buffoon

Its a low cost (and low risk) franchising scheme - everyone selling FLP products is an independant distributor, and they get them from the same source, ie FLP in the US, so very similar to Virgin Vie and Avon. Worth noting its a world wide organisation, I think in just over 80 countries, the quality of the products is far better than Avon or Virgin Vie, and theres a sixty day no quibble guarentee (and it really is no quibbling).

There is a bit that superficially looks like a pyramid, but actually is not - its the way in which discounts are treated. Effectively you pay the list price to FLP, and they send you back the products you've ordered and your discount check based upon the peak turnover you have achieved over two consecutive months.

Your turn over is based upon what you sell + the what other people that you have introduced to FLP sell. This is the bit that looks like the pyramid, but because its only generating a discount on purchases from FLP its not actually a pyramid. (Pyramids are where the person at the bottom of the chain buys their products or pays money direct to the person at the next rung up, usually the cost increases as you go down the pyramid, which is why its an illegal practice).

Its also worth noting that anyone can join FLP directly without being introduced, so your turn over would not count towards anyone elses. Also Avon and Virgin Vie are looking into this business model (essentially a network marketing or MLM business), as the person introducing you has an interest in helping you to make your business bigger, which makes their business bigger.

(Andrea was on the bottom level for quite a while and was getting an extra £150-£200 a month for about 2 to 5 hours 'work' a week).

I've over simplified it a bit, but it looks far more complicated than it actually is. Still trying to sort out the web site - my little bruv's supposed to be sorting it out, but hasn't done anything yet!

Guest salty_monk

:D

If we swap the words discount cheque for commission cheque..... it's still some kind of version of a pyramid scheme as you describe it. I've no doubt it's a legal one but the bones of it are the same.

If it's works for you great! :) No need to say any more about it.

Cheers,

Dan :)

Guest ScotMac

It is slightly different than a pyramid, but is based on the same economics. ie, that if you get more people recruited to the enterprise, and they get more people recruited, you get more and more "discount/commision" checks. ie, you build up your own little "pyramid" of people paying you. Look at from this perspective, if you are just joining, you do not collect any "discounts" from people that have already joined. But someone who has been a "member" for 5 years may be collecting from thousands of "members". ie, they are higher up.

In fact, i just looked it up. They have made up a new term for this type of business, to encompass all these new slightly "different" pyramid schemes. It is called MLM : Multi-Level-Marketing:

http://www.mlm-thetruth.com/Forever%20Living.htm

If it is making money for you, great. But don't delude yourself about what it is.

Anyway, what does this have to do w/ anything? Was there an ad for it in the last mag that i missed?

Guest peter2b2002

i'm going to retire, had 6 emails yesterday claiming i had won anything from £1.5 mil to £645.000 via on line lotteries, me thinks it's a scam? also another from an employee at Nat West wanting me to pose as a relitive of someone who died in a plane crash last year to claim £2.5mil

pete2b

Guest salty_monk
There won't be a next mag if you carry on with this and don't write any stories!!

Sorry boss... I was enjoying the debate. It's interesting. Glad it's working out for someone B)

That's one of the links I read Scot.

As far as writing for the mag... I'm willing but "hoodless"......

Maybe I can do an in-depth study on "Californian plastic surgery" incl photo's, imagine that would interest a few members :lol: