Ne Area - Smallways Next Weekend.

Guest red7

Chris Paddon & I intend to meet up at the Thinford McDonalds car park on Friday evening. Probably about 7pm depending on when we can get away from work. I guess Kenny Brough & Andy Starforth can get away in the afternoon. If anyone else is planning going down from the NE on Friday let's here from you. We are planning to arrive at Smallways with plenty of gas in our tanks so we are ready for Saturdays 100 mile run out to Melmerby and back. There are gas stations along the route we have planned but the first large gas station is about 35 miles away. I've made route details & maps for everyone, just hope I've printed sufficent. I suggest an 11.00am get away on Saturday morning from Smallways, we should have all got over Friday nights party by then? Looking forward to see you all again.

Cheers,

Steve

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Eric

:(

gutted, cant make it

Tracey's family coming up from Norfolk, shopping for wedding stuff! :o

i did offer my wallet and cards but apparently my attendance is required :80:

will be there in spirit, while being bored to tears :help:

have fun

cheers

ek B)

Guest mastarforth

Eric

that is no excuse!

you ahve all week to persuade Tracey that it is better that you do not see any of the wedding gear and she is more than capable with her family to make all the necessary arrangements!

Come on you know you want to!

Guest Eric

;)

the things you have to do

may be able to make sat, although would be in tracey's tin top :o

this is to accomodate bro in law and nephew, they dont wanna be bored either :rofl:

although under strict instructions to be back for a relatives wedding evening do <_<

at least it's better than nothing, i suppose ;)

cheers

ek B)

Guest red7

Bring a snorkel mate it's peeing down. :D Friday night about to set off into the downpour. We must be mad. :D Local Weatherman says dry in the east on Saturday may have some sunshine. :D

Guest Eric

:D

was more fun than a saturday shopping ;)

guess who had to show off? :p :o :D

PIC_1751.jpg

more to follow, we did get some video but it's not very good, very windy and wet caused a few probs!

cheers

ek B)

Bring a snorkel mate it's peeing down. :D Friday night about to set off into the downpour. We must be mad. :D Local Weatherman says dry in the east on Saturday may have some sunshine. :D

if weatherman said dry in east why the hell did we go west then!!!!!!!.

Red 7, great chief rain cloud follower of the phuckarwe tribe :D :D :unknw: :unknw:

still had a great time side ways a couple of times, note to self must get new rear tyres :shok: , had a great run home,managed to be under speed limit when passing the police Scooby speed traps :good: , sunshine until 5 miles from home then got a little damp. :p

Must admit to encouraging the kid on the bike to try and cross swollen river ford on(well he was looking at doing it and my "go on go for it" was taken as a challenge, but I didnt think he would actualy try!!! thanks to Eric for rescuing his bike, the local community bobby thought it was funny!!!

Mitch

Guest red7

Wow Eric what a picture, I'll be putting that one in my scrap book! I'd still like a copy of your video, I'm sure I'll be able to salvage something for the forum.

Sorry about the rain folks, but I just love those roads. Wet or dry they're a blast.

I'ts a good job the little kid on the bike got away with just a wetting. The way that river was flowing he'd have been away down stream in the blink of an eye.

Anyway, great weekend everyone, roll on Tan Hill on August 4th.

I've been up there on a re-con this afternoon and had a chat with the Landlady.

Guest Eric

steve, i cant take the credit, leigh got that one

if it's caption's your after,

:lol:

"you can take the sheep out of the boy..........."

what about this one?

DSC00924.jpg

ek B)

Guest Paul Morgan

Excellent weekend, even thought I had to go in the tin top (car didn't have electric at the plugs on Friday after I had spent an hour loading it up).

When I got home today, dug the old sierra coil out from the back of the shed, connected it up and the old V8 sprang into life on the first turn of the starter. (Bugger, if only I'd done that Friday, only took 20 minutes) :crazy:

Still good weekend, with lots of funny moments BAAAAA!!!!!!

Thanks to Big Lee for organising the weekend. Also thanks to Andy Windows, Bazwaz, Big Lee and Chris for driving me and Ann round on the Saturday.

Tan Hill here we come. (Keep off the moors !!)

Paul & Ann

:D :D :D