Twin 40's

Guest Billy-no-m8s

Guest Billy-no-m8s

Hey..need some help here being a bit short of tech know how.........Got a pair of weber 40's but can only get a pinto inlet manifold machined and bored to take 45's.

Can anyone tell me if the 40's will work ok on this manifold?????

Cheers

Nick

Guest AWhite

All manifolds for twin webers are generally designed for 45s but will take 40s as well.

A couple of places that do pinto manifolds:

Europa You need a catalogue they don't have them online.

Aldon Automotive they have them online here but no pics.

Your options are 3-4" manifold which is ideal for the engine

1-2" manifold which means they will fit in the car better because they will be further from the side of the car.

Expect to pay about £70ish for the manifold. A custom one will probably cost alot more.

Note1: Putting the carbs on will mean that you can not really use the vacuum advance on your dizzy.

Note2: If you use a brake servo you will have to take a pipe of one chamber of the manifold rather than part of the all-in-one standard chamber meaning that the servo will be a bit weaker. This can be a good thing because the servo off a sierra is designed to stop a bigger car.

Let us know which manifold you get. I have also got some twin 40s waiting to be put on just haven't got around to it yet. The above info is what I have found out. If the carbs you got are second hand you can also get service kits for the 40s (inc. gaskets etc.) from Aldon.

For suitable jet sizes see downloads page on old site Rhocar Downloads

Hope this helps.