Grandad Cosworth In A Hood

Guest Andy Sparrow

Guest Andy Sparrow

Has anyone ever looked into fitting the 2.9 cosworth from a Granada in a series III can it be done?

What need to be changed?, will it even fit, can it mate to the manual box? What about hidden costs ?

With 205bhp sounds as if it might be worth it ... and I could have found a cheap engine...

A

Guest paul mercer

i beleive the v6 engines had a different bolt mating pattern to the gearbox than the four cylinder engines. if your engine proves no good, ther is one on the notice board at work. with full electrics, wiring, loom etc. no name, but phone no is. wk 01268 401278, hm 01702 528 727 mo 07747600562. sounds good.

best of luck if you do do it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sietze

I have looked into it in great detail for a Series 3A. I have a cosworth V6 with a MT75 box (the type 9 is a bit weak for the torque)

It will be a very close fit so I will mount it 'cold' (no rubber dampers). You also will need to remove the break power assisting thing (sorry I am dutch). Make new exhaust manyfolds. Change the enginebay cover to accomodate the intake. Remove the steeringpump, make a new bracket for the alternator. Other propshaft for the MT75 box with Transit output shaft flange and universal sliding joint. New engine and gearbox mounts.

Further I suggest looking into replacing the intake manifold (very big aluminium lump, and makes the engine respond as for grandad) with some jenvey dynamics stuff, and then also you need other engine management. (you are then easily onto 275 bhp)

Finally, look into the fuel pump stuff, and get yourself a viscous diff or cosworth rear-end.

Greetings Sietze