Trigger Wheel

Mitch

Hi All,

anyone got the diamentions of a trigger wheel to suit the megajolt system?, thinking of going mapped but trying to get wheel made to suit pinto rather than adapting a universal type

Mitch

Guest John Williams

Check out www.kimmins.info and click toothed ring for an easy/cheap DIY method of making a trigger wheel,

or go to www.trigger-wheels.com for a range of wheels to buy.

I went for the 5.125" wheel with 1/2" pilot hole option for my pinto pulley wheel.

John

• 3 weeks later...

I used a trigger wheel from www.trigger-wheels.com that was the same diameter as the crank pulley. I was not keen on mounting the trigger wheel onto the front of the pulley as the sensor would have to be removed if the fan belt needed to be removed. I mounted it on the back of the pulley by machining a shoulder and enlarging the hole in the trigger wheel to give a snug fit. One I decided where the sensor would be mounted the trigger wheel was welded on.

post-347-1186861813_thumb.jpgpost-347-1186861822_thumb.jpgpost-347-1186861831_thumb.jpgpost-347-1186862348_thumb.jpg

thanks for that Nigel,

i have my trigger wheel now, laserman (martin who makes the grills) cut me and Geoff a couple, alot more reasonable priced too, but you will need to speak with Martin about that

if i mount it like yours i may have to machine the centre out as we asked for the 12mm hole. see how it goes when i come to fit it

Mitch