Cycle Wings

Guest Lew

just a quickie while you are on about Cycle Wings, does anybody know if there are any regs on the SVA as to the angle the wings should be mounted at, ie how much tyre is exposed at the front. just a thought! ;)

Guest Pete Jordan

Lew,

I was looking at getting some cycle wings for my Hood when I was at the Donington Park Show. I was all set to buy a pair from RH or MK when I saw the Stuart Taylor Motorsport guys selling them for £12 each (ie £24/pair)! I bought a pair and they are fine, 200mm wide, easily enough for 185 width tyres and probably ok for 195s as well. The only downside might be getting the right colour if you are not intending to paint them. I am painting mine so the fact that they were sky blue wasn't a problem. Might be worth a call though.

Pete

does anybody know if there are any regs on the SVA as to the angle the wings should be mounted at, ie how much tyre is exposed at the front. just a thought!

I checked this out with the SVA station prior to my SVA. The answer I got (at Derby) was that the wing must cover the plan view of the wheel rim (excluding tyre) when viewed from directly above. This applies to all 4 "sides" of the wheel - front back inner and outer edges.

Ant

JohnS,

I'm pretty sure they're the same as on the 2b but i won't b gettin rid of them unless i can find cycle wings, and from reading ade's post im guna wait till i've built it and c which ones look best, and that wont b 4 a while yet,

soz mate,

Lew