Wiring Loom

Guest Lew

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chris williams

:wacko:

Have nearly finished wiring up my 1989 1.8l pinto using the vicky green loom, so if you go down this road I may be able to help, feel free to bear this in mind for the future, however knowing what I know know I should have stuck to the sierra loom!!!

Guest Andy Rathbone

I have an autosparks loom supplied by RHSC its the RH7 loom i belive it was supplied with my 00' 2B so far no problems at all, you could try autosparks directly and see what they say?

rgds

Premier Wiring do a loom with good instructions specificaly for sierra based sevens but it costs £110. It seems to be hassle free according to the locosters, whereas Viki Green will work but shortens your life by a month due to the stress of working out some of the connections. Look here.

Nigel

Nigel,

I had a look on Premier's site, seems fine, however, i have know idea about wiring and have not got a clue what "WILL SUIT BOTH 83BG AND 87BG SWITCH TYPES" means.

Im probably going to use premier because of the good instructions, but if anyone could help solve my ignorance about the above, i would apreciate it.

Thanks,

Lew

Guest paul thompson

83BG and 87 BG are the designations given by ford in the ford part number for particular models.

83 is the model year as is 87

B is the model of car and the 83 B car model was Sierra

G is for where the component design reponsibility was in this case Germany.

83BB parts would have been designed in Britain for the 83 model year Sierra for instance.

Hope that helps. You may find that your switches have a part number on them, if they do, then this is the bit of the part number you need to match the wiring loom.

If the part did not change between 83 and 87 then it will still cary the 83 designation.