Subk Crossmember

Guest FIRSTBUILD

Guest FIRSTBUILD

Hi I have received a reply from RHE about what I thought was a missing crossmember(in front of the rad) they say mine is a later chassis and has more extra upright supports on the sides. I was wondering if any Sub k builders have counted how manyside supports they have ?

Some of you kindly sent pictures of cars that were collected after mine and they have all three front crossmembers----------- can I have a newer chassis than you ????????? when you collected yours three months after me.

Still concerned but still building !!

Steve Hall

Steve,

RH are correct, yours is a later chassis to the original design where your top suspension front tube goes down to the bottom chassis tube instead of across the top chassis tubes as on the original (extra upright supports on the sides)

But there is a later chassis design (Feb 03) than yours which has the extra upright supports on the sides like yours and also a bracing tube (your missing bit) between the top side tubes where the top front suspension tube bends downwards.

See attached picture of the three types

Hope this helps

Les

Guy,

exactly what I was thinking.

Why would RH spend extra time and money to fit something that was not needed.

Steve, if I were you, I would fit a brace between the top tubes to strengthen the chassis then you have something to secure the radiator to also.

Les