Alternator Mounting

Guest sparks

looks like you need to use a piece of flat bar fixed solidly from the lug on the water pump - 5/6mm should be strong enough - to a spot just above where the adjuster is fastened to the alty at the moment.

then fix the adjuster on the alty at the bolt hole that is just out of the left of your top pic and to a bolt in the free end of the bar.

this should relocate the alty enough to clear the steering column without having to put the bottom hose thru the fan belt

ps did you get sorted out with p clips or do you still need some?

Steve

Hi Steve,

Sorry I didn't get back to you, p clips from maplin arrived yesterday.

Hopefully fit brake lines tomorrow if the misses doesn't give birth this weekend.

Thanks for all the replies i will print them off and look through them tomorrow and try and work out the most suitable and cheapest method that I can use.

Mark

... the third picture is taken from the side of the block facing forwards.

Note that the extension piece is now more 'in-line'

post-1241-1191018597_thumb.jpg

The fourth picture is the final birds eye view. You can just see the P-Clip holding the bottom hose out of the way of the belts.

post-1241-1191018644_thumb.jpg

I know that your mounting bracket is different to mine but you can see that I haven't used the water pump stud at all.

What you're aiming for though is triangulation so that it's all solid but adjustable too.

I hope this helps.