4" Dominator Headlights

Guest Takumi

:)

My ickle headlights arrived this morning, they are so cooooooooooooool

Came complete with sidelights and 55/60w H4 (which I'm going to replace with 35w Motorbike H4's too much current for my little alternator :p)

post-243-1192112310_thumb.jpg

3.5" Lense (E-Marked) 4" Housing

me V pleased :)

I fitted a pair of these last year, I got them for £30 from a bike show. They look great on the car but they do not perform well. The dip beam is supposed to be flat but at the last MOT the tester was not impresed! The beams rose slightly to the right, he did pass them but it was a close call.

I very rarely drive in the dark but returning from a trip to Normandy meant an overnight drive home from Portsmouth. The dip beam is terrible, the original 7" sealed beams were better.

When funds allow I shall be replacing them with someting better. As always, you get what you pay for!

I fitted a pair of these last year, I got them for £30 from a bike show. They look great on the car but they do not perform well. The dip beam is supposed to be flat but at the last MOT the tester was not impresed! The beams rose slightly to the right, he did pass them but it was a close call.

I very rarely drive in the dark but returning from a trip to Normandy meant an overnight drive home from Portsmouth. The dip beam is terrible, the original 7" sealed beams were better.

When funds allow I shall be replacing them with someting better. As always, you get what you pay for!

Do you know what power bulbs they had in them.. I read motorbikes have a max 35w per light.. and cars are normally 55/60w -your might have had bad bulbs

The bulbs are definately 55/60W. Main beam is good, it is just the dip beam pattern that is not right. Could be that my lights are just rubbish!

Are your lenses the same as mine?

Hi,

Yea, the glass lense looks the same as mine. Another thing it might be, is the bulb, the ones mine have come with are AU-Lite bulbs, I've just taken a 'Au-lite' bulb out of a pair of motorbike indicators and it just fell apart.. no wonder it stopped workin..

Might be worth just changing them for a quality bulb, I was thinking Osram SilverStar (in the 2B's 7" lamp at present gives a very twingly white light)

I've had some bulbs in my fiat that were wonky, the bulb wasn't perpendicular to the 3 pronged base , and so poked at a funny angle.. much better now with new ones..!

atb

tak

a spare set I have on fleabay :p

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=230181091678

cheapest Osram Silverstar

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=320168176636