Club Chief & Indians

sylvia.fry2

:( Hi all, sad to read of big Tim's retirement from leadership-- as were many others including Mat-d-rat-- ,tis unfortunate that his post to-day will not accept any replies & that my post of 12-11-07 Re: New Mag has not generated any replies also. My comments & offers of the 12th stand, best wishes for a more peaceful future to Tim & his lady; Regards Bob Fry.

True - original quote "Hi all, thanks for new mag--summer edition-- Help is being requested to run the club; which posts require filling? (or should that be holes ) I recon if you don't put something in you can't complain when there's nothing to take out, so would be pleased to help if we can. (That's not the royal "we" -- my wife will help as well ) Regards Bob & Mo "

Guest salty_monk

Splitting it down into smaller chunks would seem a good way to approach it if you ask me.... Someone mentioned it on the other thread.

We should be ok, plenty of retired geezers with RH's & loads of time on their hands!! :lol:

I don't think there's a lot I can do from here.

Dan :)

Guest Bob's Babe
:( Hi all, sad to read of big Tim's retirement from leadership-- as were many others including Mat-d-rat-- ,tis unfortunate that his post to-day will not accept any replies & that my post of 12-11-07 Re: New Mag has not generated any replies also. My comments & offers of the 12th stand, best wishes for a more peaceful future to Tim & his lady; Regards Bob Fry.

Bob, nothing was said in reply to your post because at the time of the mag being printed no 'official' posts needed filling. Help with shows is asked for in most mags and on the web before each show. Being so far away from us we didn't think you could help in the daily membership stuff. Maybe we should have replied at the time but Tim was busy making the decision.

At the time of writing for the last mag Tim was intending to stand again on the understanding that there would be another

extra-ordinary AGM before June for the purpose of finding a new chairman. This would have been documented in the minutes and printed in the next mag.

Over the last two/three weeks he has re thought this and decided not to stand in January, so now you know of at least one post that needs filling. Obviously many of the club members are not yet aware that there is a vacancy so will not put themselves forward. This may mean that tim now has to write to all club members very soon to let them know that there is a vacant post....they may be more willing to stand against a new person (or no one) than against Tim who has been doing it for a while.

SUE

Hi all, & thanks to Sue --- having run my own business for 30 odd years as boss/worker/tea-boy/broom-pusher etc I,m probably not fully aware of the workings of something like the club ;which involve hundreds of souls; compared to the half dozen or so in my business . So having stated my willingness to help the club if I can I will sit back & wait to see future developments; which I hope will lead to the club going onward & upward. Regards Bob Fry.