A Tale Of A Sorry Saxo

Snapperpaul

Now i know the general consensus many hold of the Saxo man and whilst waiting for a new tyre on the tin top a very, very sorry looking Saxo turned up, massive multicoloured body kit with raw un-smoothed filler. Give the guy a chance I thought, could be a project in progress. I asked about engine mods and he enthusiastically told me that it was an 8 valve 1600cc with a mild road cam and a big bolt on foam air filter and the bean tin backbox , used to have 88bhp now has 128bhp, that's a very good increase for such small mods i said whilst thinking "Bu11s4*t" he than opened up the bonnet to show me and there it was an oily knackered looking engine that by his own admission blows oil out of the filler, an EGR cut in half with a pipercross filter clamped in it and a very large foam cone filter. Something wrong with the foam filter i thought, when i touched it i was covered in thick black oil."Sucking in from the oil leak or blowing out on the over run" i asked, No he said, i did not have any of that special stuff for the filter so i used old engine oil********

Might add a bit of NOs he said, wait for the bang i thought.

Was gonna put a 2 litre in it as it will only cost me another £6 a week over the £1100 per year i pay already, then ill have 180bhp but wiv a kid on the way i may have to wait a bit.

At this point i had nothing more to say.

I think with the state of the original engine and the mods he has done he may if he is lucky achieve close to the 80 original bhp but i think not.

In any case the extra weight of all the fibre glass and filler will negate any gains making the car both much slower and possibly safer for the expected child or children "Barnstable & Libefraumilch"