Speedo Magnets

Guest wrights

Guest wrights

Hi

Can any one help me with a design or show photo’s for a bracket to hold the sender/ Magnet for a speedo connection. I have not fitted a speedo cable but have gone for the electrical/ magnet option. I have been told the best place to fit the magnet and sensor is to fit it where the prop shaft and diff bolts together. Also I need to have some idea of where to mount the bracket on the diff housing or if you recommend to secure some where else.

Thanks

Stephen

Guest mreeves
Hi

Can any one help me with a design or show photo’s for a bracket to hold the sender/ Magnet for a speedo connection. I have not fitted a speedo cable but have gone for the electrical/ magnet option. I have been told the best place to fit the magnet and sensor is to fit it where the prop shaft and diff bolts together. Also I need to have some idea of where to mount the bracket on the diff housing or if you recommend to secure some where else.

Thanks

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Attached is a photo, this was taken before I mounted the sensor but to give you an idea.

in the photo just to the right of the diff is a large hole, I think is was were the handbrake cables used to go.

I made an l shaped bracket and bolted it though this hole using an M10 bolt and a large penny washer.

I'll try and find a photo of the bracket mounted.

post-1318-1197290948_thumb.jpg

Regards

Matthew

Guest wrights
Hi Stephen,

Attached is a photo, this was taken before I mounted the sensor but to give you an idea.

in the photo just to the right of the diff is a large hole, I think is was were the handbrake cables used to go.

I made an l shaped bracket and bolted it though this hole using an M10 bolt and a large penny washer.

I'll try and find a photo of the bracket mounted.

post-1318-1197290948_thumb.jpg

Regards

Matthew

Many thanks Matthew,

I can see where you mount the bracket but

A close up of the bracket would be most usefully

Cheers

Stephen

Fairly simple to make up a bracket and it is wise to use ally so it can't be magnetised

I used 4 magnets glued to the propshaft to diff mating flange so i can change diffs without loosing the magnets.

Also put the magnetic reed sensor higher up and at 90 degs to Nigels, just keeps it away from any road debris

I put mine at the gearbox end of the propshaft- shorter cable to speedo. I made a bracket that was fixed down by one of the screws on the top of the gearbox (the plate that fixes the gearlever linkage in place), and picked up on the yoke coming out of the gearbox. That way, if the gearbox moves a bit, the sensor moves with it, which potentially saves the sensor from being hit by the magnet or whatever. Also, can be done from inside the car rather than on your back. HTH, Brian

Guest wrights
I put mine at the gearbox end of the propshaft- shorter cable to speedo. I made a bracket that was fixed down by one of the screws on the top of the gearbox (the plate that fixes the gearlever linkage in place), and picked up on the yoke coming out of the gearbox. That way, if the gearbox moves a bit, the sensor moves with it, which potentially saves the sensor from being hit by the magnet or whatever. Also, can be done from inside the car rather than on your back. HTH, Brian

Many thanks Brian