Help To Get My Build Moved Along

Guest sparks

Hi all,

I hope this post is in the right place for those in charge.

My wife has given me permission to work on my car this Saturday 19th January.

Work on the car is currently going at a snails pace due to the arrival of our second child in October.

So I am appealing to members in the Blackburn and surrounding area for help to move it along.

My aim is to get all the steering, brake servo, pedal box and at a push the engine started (may be dreaming or is it the late nights and early mornings).

All those who can and are willing to help can contact me through the forum.

I will definitely need someone who is good with electrics, because I struggle putting light bulbs in.

I hope to start at 9am. The only problem is that Blackburn Rovers are playing at home, starting at 3pm and I live near the ground, so traffic can be a pain.

Thank you in advance

Mark

The wife only gave me permission, because she wants me to move the car to the other side of the garage before 26th Jan as she has organised to have her mothers 60th birthday party at ours and she needs the space for booze etc.

I could do it now, but told her a little white lie so that I could get more work done on it.

And just this morning she told me that her and her mum are going to Ireland with the two kids end of Feb begin March for a long weekend and I can work on the car again.

So I will be asking for help again when I no the dates, cheeky I know but I need to take my chances when I can.

Cheers for the assistance Mitch.

Mark

Guest manglemender

I'll have to "ASK" Jan but I think I can spare some hours on Saturday.

I don't have much experience in car building (bought one already built) but I have worked on machinery all my life as a time served electrical engineer.

Do you need any equipment bringing?

Nick

Hi Nick,

All help is greatly appreciated. This is my first build, before this is was radio controlled cars, a little bit easier.

As for tools I think I have most things but you never know what might come in handy.

Cheers

Mark

Guest peter2b2002

shame your that far up north, otherwise the TVHoods could have done it for you ,as per mat the rat's hood, hopefully the nothern boys will come to your aid

pete2b

Guest kleighton

Hi Mark,

I am in a similar position to yourself, I've not touched my car for a few months now as we had our second child in October. I am sorry I won't be able to help on the 19th as odly enough, it's my mum's 60th.

If you can let us know about the dates when you'll need help at the end of Feb/beginning of March I would be willing to lend a hand then. I am hoping for a little help to get my build back on track too.

Cheers

Keith

Thanks for the words of support Pete2b, I am sure those who can come for a few hours will try and make it.

When I know the date the missus goes to Ireland I will post another appeal and hopefully I will be in a position to help you to Keith.

Hope the party goes ok.

Mark

Hi Mark,

It's just possible I'll be able to pop-around in the morning. Mitch hasn't contacted me which could be because I haven't sent my membership cheque off yet (in the post later today honest yer-honour) or because I've been completely out of the action for well over a year. Whereabouts are you? can't be far from me (Sandy Lane). Obviously a PM would be better for a more specific address.

Will also be nice for me to meet some of the gang again and hoefully some of the new faces.

Iain

sorry Iain, probably due to change of mail addy, send me your new one and will add you to the mail lists,

Marks on Fernhurst fm,not sure of address, but basically from yours turn left into oakdale, down hill left into England drive (ave or close) 2nd R, 1st right, house on left with confused hoodie stood outside :D ,

Mitch

Well thanks to Nick, Iain, Andy, Steve and Mitch for their greatly appreciated help on saturday.

Without their help I would still be scratching all parts of my anatomy trying to figure out the correct set up for the steering, seating and pedal box positioning for months.

I hope I can plod through doing the other bits that need doing before the next big push appeal at the end of feb beginning of march.

Rhocar membership and its members are a major requirement if you want to build a Robin Hood

Cheers Everyone

Mark