Mot

Peter Bell

Had the Hood MOTd to-day and sat in the car during the testing, turning lights on and pressing the brake pedal etc. When the tester got to the emission bit he remembered it was only a visual check but I asked if he didn't mind stuffing his probe in :o just to see. The results were CO2 0.10 rock steady and the HC was fluctuating between 250 and 480 (apparently with an old engine on carbs you are allowed up to 1200) O2 I think was 8.6 but he said we don't have to worry about that? This is a pinto with 285 cam and bike carbs.

Peter

Guest chris brown
Had the Hood MOTd to-day and sat in the car during the testing, turning lights on and pressing the brake pedal etc. When the tester got to the emission bit he remembered it was only a visual check but I asked if he didn't mind stuffing his probe in :o just to see. The results were CO2 0.10 rock steady and the HC was fluctuating between 250 and 480 (apparently with an old engine on carbs you are allowed up to 1200) O2 I think was 8.6 but he said we don't have to worry about that? This is a pinto with 285 cam and bike carbs.

Peter

Running a bit weak peter. Did you check it at around 2500 as well or just at tick over. Mine tends to be similar just a bit higher at tick over but climbs as the rev’s go up

BTW you would pass as a 04 car with that reading of CO but fail on HC :lol:

Guest TerryBarry

My daughter's Pug 106 recently failed on emissions on first fast idle - upped revs by 400 and it passed with flying colours.

I do sometimes doubt the accuracy/reliability of the test equipment.