After Market Engine Management

Guest AWhite

I was looking around Aldon's Site and saw some engine management products for pinto 8v applications for twin webers.

Aldon Engine Management

What kind of gains can you expect with these products. I must confess I don't really know too much about them.

Do they replace the distributor?

:wacko:

They also do a silver kit which includes Twin 45DCOEs.

I wouldn't have thought that 2D ignition management is going to give more than a couple of HP over a simple inductive setup. 3D would allow you to make more agressive mods to head and cam that would normaly be intractable on the road but retain good drivability. More of a top end mod when you have done all the standard tuning things and not very cost effective IMO.

Nigel

Guest Charles B

If you are into electronics, you may be interested, I bought a kit for a simple mapped ignition controller from a company called autospeed in Australia. It only cost $60.00 and works great with my twin dellortos.It's very basic, but gives me a two section advance or retard curve with a start middle and top limit. I use it with the Bosch hall effect dizzi which has no vacuum or mechanical advance off the electronic or injected system, and an igniton module from a golf/audi. In fact any hall effect module will do.

I've just ordered from Megasquirt in America, the pcb,map sensor and processor to make a fully mapped injection system( and ignition is possible) This will be a much longer term project, but is very cheap- shouldn't cost much more than about £300 for the whole system. Look at the megasquirt web site for more info.