Turbo

Guest SMR610

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing, you start a thread with an innocent question, come back after a week away and the bloody things gone mad.So to avoid any unpleasentness in the future,please clarify something for me,I own a Robin Hood and I`m a paid up member of the owners club, if in the future I want to post a performance related question on this forum would this be considered "genuine and relevent" whether it`s porting,polishing,turbo`s, nitrous or any subject at all to do with these cars

surely if you`ve got a question and someone out there can help that`s what it`s all about.As far as I`m concerned everyone`s entitled to their opinion but having someone imply your a "Boy Racer" because you don`t agree with theirs isn`t that a little childish. I just wish I was still young enough to be a boy racer.

:D :D :D im sure everyone will agree it matters not if you are 17 or 80

once your in a hood its like becoming a school boy again

you can do 30 mph and get more people look at u and the car than u ever will at 70+

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest brummy-ade

Hear hear rizla its all about posing :D :D in your pride and joy peoples admiration makes it all worthwhile however when you have a spunky 18 year old in his renault 5 revving the knackers off it behind you its nice to know ha ill pee all over his.

ade

SMR610

U can say anything you like...even better if it applies to a hood/hoodie :p

We have young, like Joey (don't let him near your keys though :D :lol: ) and old people :p like me :( ...you can even talk about putting batteries and engines in the back :lol:

We all have a laugh at everyone's expense :)

Dave

Guest Battery Bill

DaveQ

We have young, like Joey (don't let him near your keys though  ) and old people  like me  ...you can even talk about putting batteries and engines in the back 

I dont see whats remotely funny about Joey and car keys :gdit: Or Batterys in the back :gdit:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OK I am joking its all good fun isnt it?

PS When will Big Jim come back properly?

Guest screech
Amazing, you start a thread with an innocent question, come back after a week away and the bloody things gone mad.

So to avoid any unpleasentness in the future,please clarify something for me,I own a Robin Hood and I`m a paid up member of the owners club, if in the future I want to post a performance related question on this forum would this be considered "genuine and relevent" whether it`s porting,polishing,turbo`s, nitrous or any subject at all to do with these cars  surely if you`ve got a question and someone out there can help that`s what it`s all about.As far as I`m concerned everyone`s entitled to their opinion but having someone imply your a "Boy Racer" because you don`t agree with theirs isn`t that a little childish. I just wish I was still young enough to be a boy racer.

Hi

i have been running a turbo hood for 2 years

it has a 1600 cvh turbo out of a fiesta rs turbo. it was`nt hard to fit and convert to RWD and its a reasonably small engine. the only nightmare was the wiring but i sorted it eventually. I did a write up on my car for the club mag about 18 months ago , maybe you can get a back copy ?

I put a "HYBRIB" turbo on it and a superchip on the E.C.U . with a few other mods it put out 174BHP on the rolling road .Dont be put off by others, kit cars (7s) ar`nt about top end speed thier about accelleration, and believe me , wih a turbo, it will really go.!

PS i`am in the process of swopping the motor for a V8 roer so it may be for sale soon ?

Can anybody give me any tips on fitting a V8 ?

this is my first time on a chat board so sorry for the long letter chaps

Guest tomboysmission

What a great thread.

I love the way that some items bring out our true feelings.

To think at 48 years I maybe considered as a 'boy racer' just cause I was using a cossie turbo in my kit made me laugh.

Surely we are all taking pride in our build skills. We want to be noticed. Not for how quick we can escape from lights, more the statement we are making while sitting at those lights.

I would not deny that I aimed to take the car to a track just to find out what it would do, but I would stress the word TRACK.

The pleasures of a kit are too numerous to list, its unique and it's mine.

Speed is just a by product.

Regards to all.

Tomboys

Guest trevor hooley

why dont you try a calibra turbo, same engine as the vauxhall redtop ie. the 2.0 XE but with a rather large garrett turbo, if it was capable of 220bhp and 148mph in a calibra wats it going to go like in a hood.....

karl