Strength Of Bolts For Seat Belts

harvs

Hi

I'm fitting the top seat belt mounts to the chassis (on a superspec). I have one 8.8 grade bolt, (which I believe is the correct rating) and 3 similar bolts, but with 3 radial lines marked on (rather than any numbers).

I have a feeling these are ok - but just want to check I won't foul any SVA rules because they don't say 8.8?

Cheers

James

Guest Ian & Carole

James

8.8 is what the SVA man is looking for.

Not worth trying to convince him your others are correct even if they seem to be.

One 8.8 and three odd ones won't look good to him.

And after all he is the one you have to please. :rolleyes:

In the great scheme of things whats the cost of 3 more bolts ?

Ian J

Guest chris brown
3 radial lines marked on (rather than any numbers).

I have a feeling these are ok - but just want to check I won't foul any SVA rules because they don't say 8.8?

Cheers

James

Your feeling is correct James I have the same (RHE supplied) for the top mountings. The inspector checked in his "bible" to see if they were Ok. They were.

BTW the slightly domed thin headed unmarked bolts that most tin tops have are OK also providing they are long enough to show 2 threads through the nut. As they are special seat belt bolts.

Your feeling is correct James I have the same (RHE supplied) for the top mountings. The inspector checked in his "bible" to see if they were Ok. They were.

BTW the slightly domed thin headed unmarked bolts that most tin tops have are OK also providing they are long enough to show 2 threads through the nut. As they are special seat belt bolts.

Hi,

On my SuperSpec back axle the calipers were originally fixed to the axle with 10.9 bolts but I managed to lose one. The only bolts I have been able to find to replace them are 8.8. This is what the front calipers are fixed with and all the other boths associated with the brakes are 8.8. Must I track down some 10.9s or are the 8.8s acceptable to the SVA man?

John (jwts)

On my SuperSpec back axle the calipers were originally fixed to the axle with 10.9 bolts but I managed to lose one. The only bolts I have been able to find to replace them are 8.8. This is what the front calipers are fixed with and all the other boths associated with the brakes are 8.8. Must I track down some 10.9s or are the 8.8s acceptable to the SVA man?

He won't be too concerned especialy if you have nut covers on but as the original design spec was for 10.9 i would use the same as the original spec.

My original front caliper bolts were also 8.8

Great, thanks for the comments guys

I'll see if I can dig out another of the bolts with the 3 lines, then at least I'm consistent. If I have any problems with the SVA, then it's an easy job to change them...