Xflow - Piston Order?

Guest paul_wilts

Guest paul_wilts

Ive got a electronic distributir to go on my xflow, however before i can set it up i need to know which is piston number 1, the firing order is 1,2,4,3 so is piston number 1 at the flwheel wnd or the other????

also as i got the dissy 2nd hand theres no instructions, do i need to connect strait from the ignition to the + coil as i believe its currently run through a resistor?

Paul, have you got a distributor with brown green and black wires of an old valencia engine? If so then you need a twelve volt unbalasted coil as your old x-flow one is probably 9v. Feed the pos side of coil with 12v from ignition live. Also connect the black wire from the dizzy here. Green goes to neg side of coil (along with the rev counter feed) and the brown goes to earth. Worth checking the amplifier module is cleanly mated on the dizzy body with plenty of heat sink paste or it will fry.

Nigel

Doh. Edited cos I got it the wrong way round first time.

Guest paul_wilts

Thanks for your help guys, it was a competition dissy and lumentation module but despite much fiddling i couldnt get it to work so ive cleaned the old points jobby and it runs perfectly, sod the electronics!!!