Pipe From Brake Servo To Inlet Manifold

Guest wildejon

Guest wildejon

Hi,

I am trying to connect these two parts as they are meant to be. Once again the part supplied by Robin Hood is totally the wrong shape and also too short (love it), so... what is the best solution for this?

Thanks in advance

Jon

Guest wildejon

Sure, sorry.

Its a Superspec, Rover T series, standard inlet I presume, the servo is a ford one, although I don't have the part number on me. Is that any more help? Thanks :)

Hi Jon,

I have just had a look at my parts, (also for the Rover engine), and the supplied part number for the servo / inlet vacuum pipe is GSM 90186. Ths is in a Unipart poly bag.

There are also some numbers at the bottom of the label, which are: 54 Fg1 882 483 002 07988. Thinking about it, don't know which is the part number now!!

There is also a cadmium plated sdrew in adapter for the inlet manifold, for this pipe, but I don't know if this comes as standard with the part above as there was hole in my bag and the adapter was rolling around in my parts box.

I'll take a piccy once I find the camera and you'll see that the supplied part above doesn't appear to be correct, there will be some 'technical adjustment' required, but the part does have the push fit plug for the servo and non-return valve fitted.

Piccy to follow, hope this helps.

Cheers

Al

Guest wildejon
Hi Jon,

Picture hopefully attached. As you can see, it probably won't fit without some major adjustment!!

Cheers

Al

Hi,

Yeah, that is exactly what we have.. and it doesn't fit at all. lol

OK, so I can maybe use a portion of that to connect to the servo and then make the rest up with some tubing? Don't really wanna mess this part up, being the brakes 'an all!

Thanks