Sub K Front Lights

Guest madrallysport

Guest madrallysport

Hi

The lights on my sub k sit pretty high, has anyone lowered them be any means. I've been toying with the idea of mounting them in front of the orginal mounting point but lower.

Any body any ideas on this, or would this be a waste of time and look silly.

or

Has anyone any pic's of any thing like this.

Cheers

Guest chris brown
Just make sure you mount them nice and firm, on my wishbone 2B the front lights wobble around quite worryingly at speeds above 90. :o

Sean

Also ensure they don’t impede the steering on full lock

On my S7 they have been brought forward and lowered to approx the min hight !! of 500mm from the ground to the bottom of the lamp , brackets need to be beefed up to prevent that annoying wobbly light ( as previously mentioned ), another job thats been on my to do list for a while now .

Mike

Guest madrallysport
On my S7 they have been brought forward and lowered to approx the min hight !! of 500mm from the ground to the bottom of the lamp , brackets need to be beefed up to prevent that annoying wobbly light ( as previously mentioned ), another job thats been on my to do list for a while now .

Mike

A possible alternative to moving the lights is to swap to smaller diameter lights. Mine are 5 1/4" diameter and reduce the height by 2" roughly which makes a big visual difference.

Nigel

Any pictures guys, of the smalller lights, and off the different position of the brackets, i had thought about the steering being a problem

The lights on the SubK / 2B/4 do stand quite a bit higher than the 2B, but the headlight mounting plate is substantial and welded across the two upper suspension members - it doesn't wobble at all! I've been thinking about buying a pair of smaller lights, but I have to say the 'Brum' look has grown on me over the years!

HeadlightMount.jpg