Stoneleigh

Guest shaggy

Guest shaggy

All, Just seen this thread on a Cobra forum as they had tried to get a rolling road booked for the event, but it has been cancelled at the last minute:-

"Apparantly, at the eleventh hour, there has been a noise abatement notice served against Stoneleigh Showground by Warwick District Council. This was due to the Historic Motorsport Event in March which caused some noise issues with the local residents. This means that revving of engines will be prohibited. I tried to fight our corner by saying it would only be a short burst for a minute, every 30 minutes but it seems they are scared of the council who they say have the power to stop the show from going ahead if they do not comply. I asked about the Caterham guys and there skid pan and he said it was also highly unlikely that they would be allowed their event either."

So looks like Big Lee will need a couple of baffles for his V6, either that, or restrict the revving of engines whilst in the ground (like that's going to happen)

Si

Guest chris brown
Same with Simon,

watch where they pitch there tents before deciding where to pitch yours !!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

Mitch

If I pitch mine well away from there’s and big Jim in another area we could end up with no where safe from the snorers :lol: :p :shok:

Guest pwlcarz

I wonder what was there first, the Showground or the local residents?

If the local residents were there first then it's possibly a fair comment, but I doubt in the 35+ years that I've know Stoneleigh Showground to be open there are very few people still living nearby who were there before then.

IMHO if you buy a property near a showground, race track, airport, buy motorway junction, river known to flood, etc., then you should do your research and know what you are buying in to. No use buying that house at the end of Heathrow runway 1 then complaining about planes taking off every few minutes!

I wonder what was there first, the Showground or the local residents?

If the local residents were there first then it's possibly a fair comment, but I doubt in the 35+ years that I've know Stoneleigh Showground to be open there are very few people still living nearby who were there before then.

IMHO if you buy a property near a showground, race track, airport, buy motorway junction, river known to flood, etc., then you should do your research and know what you are buying in to. No use buying that house at the end of Heathrow runway 1 then complaining about planes taking off every few minutes!

I totally agree .

Mike