Mesh?

e666

Hi folks

I've been looking for the mesh fabric that manufacturers use on softops (to reduce airflow around the old noggin). And I've failed miserably to source the stuff. Anyone out there got any leads for this stuff?

cheers

e

Guest Tony Tank

Look in your local scrap yard / breakers for a Citroen Zantia rear partial shelf; they have a mesh rear window blind that pulls up.

That will do fine. ;)

Tank

Guest chris brown
Try a camping / caravan shop.

Or don't bother, because it doesn't work. Looks nice though :rolleyes:

It doesn’t work because you need a nicely shaped windscreen and much higher sides for it to work

Guest Ian & Carole

Don't bother.

Even with the full doors on you still get the "back draught" but added to the bufferting you get a really nice hight pitched whistle sound round the back of your head.

Ian J

Guest chris brown
Don't bother.

Even with the full doors on you still get the "back draught" but added to the bufferting you get a really nice hight pitched whistle sound round the back of your head.

Ian J

:D :D :D That answers that then Ian :D :D :D

I got some fibreglass mesh from M&M Classic Components who usually have a stall at the kit car shows. After some experimentation I found that a double layer was needed to have a worthwhile effect. The back draught was reduced by about 50% which makes a big difference around the shoulders and have not suffered from any whistle effects yet.

post-347-1212786147_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Thanks for all the feedback guys!! I'll check out the suggestions. I hear what you some of you are saying about a rear fit doesn't do much, but its worth experimenting with ;)

e