Caveat Emptor

Guest STEVE OXON

Guest STEVE OXON

hi guys,

recently sold my beloved robin hood 2b known as 'comfortably numb' to a chap from wisbech.

when he collected the car,with cash payment, his remark was

"i have taken 15 quid out for petrol, cos i forgot my wallet.will send you a cheque in the morning.

now three months down the line after several phone calls and texts......no cheque.

not a lot of money i know, but a deals a deal.

so if p***l g***g ever comes to a meeting or joins the hoodie fellowship....................BEWARE.

STEVE

edited name to give one more chance. promised a cheque again last night.....we'll see

Guest salty_monk

Don't you hate stuff like that, some people... imagine going to pick up a car without any money or a card for petrol!

Guest crutch

Same old story whenever you sell anything, if you let it go without the money all the good intentions dissappear. I have seen this break up even friendships. Trust nobody. Get the cash then release the goods. I know only £15 but i would have made him go home to get it. Teach him a lesson.

Edited by crutch

Guest STEVE OXON

well,i gave him one more chance....still no effing cheque. so if PHIL GRIGG OF WISBECH EVER FONES ME AGAIN..................... i wont bother speaking to him.

so beware of dodgy robin hood purchasers in your area now.

rant over.

steve

Guest John Walton

Interesting.......................

What a git.

Any pics of your car, I can 'wave' when I see him.

I am only 9 miles from wisbech and go through what can only be described as the home of

'family love' a few times a week.

Definition of a Wisbech virgin.

A girl who can run faster than her brothers/uncles

• 2 weeks later...
Guest STEVE OXON

well, steps back in amazement!!! cheque dropped through letter box friday morning..........................just seemed a little slow. only 9 weeks late!!!

but i did get it,thats the final piece. so i take some of what i said back,only some

steve

Guest Jabberwocky

maybe he needs some help with something on the car, came on here to check, and thought he better pay up before asking some questions!

Guest STEVE OXON

i think for good customer relations this thread is now closed...................dont want to bleat on for ever.

As requested topic closed by me @ 09.00 today.

Ian J