Spotted Elseware

Mitch

Looks ot me like Minty in the yellow, Pete with the wellies ( who else ?? ) and Graham Bowden in black/red .

Well that 3 from the Thames Valley that haven't broken down yet !! ( Where's Alan ??? ) :o

Guest a8dyc

There's some great looking cars there.I just come home from work down the m20 towards Dover and couldn't keep my eyes off the London bound carriage way,real nice motors.

Andy

Yes

The first is the TV crew heading down,

Rod Lane of bucks/beds, Pete Ray, Graham Bowden , and Minty ( Graham Mintram) leaving the pay booth --he gets his head chopped off on the pic below.

the guy had a really impressive looking camera and was set up to catch anything smart that came through !!

We're safely back in the UK!!!

Unlike a work colleague whose tin tip was in a smash 2 hours out of Bolougne..

Thanks Chris , for organising the tickets, thanks all for the companionship and camaraderie.

Graham

John,

We'll tell you the full story when we meet....but they came on the next boat !!

A radiator change just after starting off --and they only missed by 10 minutes....it sailed on time!!

They were only 2 hours behind us when we got to le Mans proper.

Graham

Yes, thats Dave and me on the way down - just a little box on the back :D

One of our party was going in a 2.8i capri, but the fuel pump died as he was about to get on the motorway in Stafford, he got a friend to tow him home, put all the gear in his son's beemer and by gently stretching the speed limit caught us up just past Oxford.

Got 1.5 miles from Dover at 4 40pm and hit the mother of all traffic jams, got to speedferries terminal at 6 35pm thinking we had missed the 6 00pm sailing but they had delayed it due to the traffic - packed us on and sailed straight away - result!!

Done a total of 1940 miles, 700 of them in 36 hours for eldest sons passing out parade in surrey, 4 ferry crossings, 2 rear tyres which were shot to bits by the hot conditions and load going down first time, and quite a bit of oil :blink: - but the car never missed a beat so well chuffed over all :D

Steve